Found January 03, 2012 on
Black Monday Aftermath
- Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy is on the Jacksonville Jaguars‘ list of head coach candidates. [ProFootballTalk]
- Josh McDaniels is the lone surviving coach in St. Louis. [ESPN]
- Winning four of their last five may help Chargers coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith keep their respective jobs. [CBS Sports]
- The Colts‘ Pollians aren’t so lucky. [Shutdown Corner]
- Raiders coach Hue Jackson isn’t happy. [Shutdown Corner]
Broncos vs. Steelers
- First look at the game. [Washington Post]
- Playoff teams with 3-game losing streaks are 4-0 at home in NFL history. [MaxDenver]
- The Steelers lost RB Rashard Mendenhall to an ACL tear. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- Ben Roethlisberger “limped heavily out of the locker room” Sunday after the game. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- Our friend Andrew Mason had an impressive extra gig this weekend. Congrats Mase! [New York Times]
- The Patriots are probably cheering for the Broncos this weekend. [Taunton Daily Gazette]
BEST OF MAXIM
For the Oakland Raiders after loosing a chance at the playoff spot and the AFC title this past Sunday with a loss to the San Diego Chargers 38-26. Hue Jackson started by first putting most of the blame on his players, in disgust. Having finishing the season 8-8 was simply unsatisfactory to the Jackson and quarterback Carson Palmer [...]
With a day to cool off, Raiders coach Hue Jackson was a lot more calm Monday than he was following Oakland’s season-ending loss. His message, however, didn’t really change. Changes seem likely to happen to Oakland’s defensive staff. And Jackson wants a big say in the future of the franchise, including the hiring of the…
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)
After the Raiders fell apart in Sunday’s must-win game against the Chargers, head coach Hue Jackson went on a rant.
He blamed the players and took not-so-veiled shots at his defensive coordinator, who most certainly will be fired.
But what about Jackson himself? He was head coach of a team that was 7-4 after 11 games and then lost four of five to finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs...
Would Al Davis, the deceased owner of the Raiders, fire coach Hue Jackson after his team finished the once-promising season 8-8 and missed the playoffs?