The Detroit Lions’ remaining opponents for 2013 have a combined record of 20-33. Only two of the five times they have to face on the road are above .500. When looking at the schedule the way each team is currently playing I can see the Lions finishing 11-5. In fact when looking at each game individually I could see the Lions winning them all. They won’t, but there is not one team below that has a real edge over the Leos.
Don’t believe me? Here are my premature predictions:
Detroit Lions at Cleveland Browns
- First off, this game is not to be taken lightly. The Lions offense looked pathetic last week, and if wide receiver Calvin Johnson does not return there is plenty of room to worry. The Browns defense ranks 4th in total defense; however, Brandon Weeden is their quarterback. A Lions defense that held Green Bay to one offensive touchdown last week will have its way with the Weedster. Lions win 20-13.
Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Lions
- Megatron needs to be back for this game as the Lions will face another tough defense. This next Ohio opponent ranks 8th in total D. However, the Bengals play the Jeckyll and Hyde routine each week. Cincinnati is undefeated at home, but winless on the road. The Lions are undefeated at home. Everything points to a Lions, but my gut tells me different. The Bengals have enough talent on both sides of the ball to finally win one on the road. Lions lose 24-20.
Dallas Cowboys at Detroit Lions
- The Cowboys are only 2-3 but gave the undefeated Broncos all that they could handle. In a game that showcases offensive weapons galore anything can happen. The Lions come back down to reality in this game as the Cowboys get revenge for the 2011 comeback. Lions lose 34-31.
Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears
- The Lions rarely win in Chicago. However, these are the same two teams that played earlier this year. Lions win 30-24.
Detroit Lions at Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Steelers are 0-4. Wait what!? A terrible offensive line with an aging defense makes these Steelers a shell of their former selves. The Steelers still play with a little grit, but that won’t be enough. The Lions defensive line will have a field day. Lions win 27-14.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions
- The Buccaneers’ organization is in shambles. They should change their uniforms back to pasty orange and white. It just fits with their hideous play. The team has talent, but until they attain a coach who they respect it won’t matter. Lions win 26-13.
Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
- The Lions win this year on Thanksgiving! Although the game last Sunday looked ugly, my confidence grew in the Lions for this game. The Packers were coming off of a bye and in Lambeau they are very tough to beat; however, I truly believe the Lions win last week with a healthy Calvin Johnson. Green Bay’s offense struggled only scoring one touchdown. Lions win 30-27.
Detroit Lions at Philadelphia Eagles
- The Eagles are a mess on defense. This should be shootout as Chip Kelly’s fastbreak offense will try to keep up as the Lions ratchet up the points. Lions win 38-27.
Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions
- It’s Monday Night Football as the Lions play host to the defending world champs! The Ravens aren’t the same team they were last year, but with time for their new defense to gel this could be a challenge. Detroit has a letdown after an impressive five-game winning streak. Lions lose 27-24
New York Giants at Detroit Lions
- The Giants are 0-5. What is this world? By week 16 the “G-Men” should be able to figure some things out, but the Lions are home and hungry after falling on Monday Night. Lions win 31-20.
Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions
- The Lions took care of the Vikings in the Metrodome. I don’t see why the outcome would change in Ford Field. Lions win 31-17.
Obviously things will change as the year goes on. Players get injured, cold teams catch fire and underdogs play victor as we watch the unpredicatble NFL season unfold once again.
No matter this is what my psychic mind tells me. Have your own predictions? Disagree vehemently? Comment down below or tweet @isportschris to give me your thoughts.