Found December 03, 2012 on
Sports Blog Net:
The New York Giants (7-4) will play the Washington Redskins (5-6) on Monday night football at FedEx Field from Landover, MD.
Game starts at 8:30 pm on ESPN (TV) and WFAN (Radio).
Giants favorites over Redskins.
Spread is -2.5 points.
My pick is the Giants.
This game will mean a lot for the Giants as they will try to keep their lead in the NFC East by two games over the Cowboys.
They will look to sweep the Redskins in two games and show people why they are the best team in the NFC East division.
It's Eli Manning against rookie Robert Griffin III once again, this time it's on national television where the whole world can see it.
Here are the three things the Giants have to do in order to win:
(1) The Giants defense has to shutdown the triple option threat that the Redskins offense shows pretty much every week and getting hits on RGIII will be huge for the G-Men.
(2) Eli Manning and offense has to keep the momentum going into this game and beat the living crap out of the Redskins horrible secondary. Eli Manning should have a field day.
(3) Win the ballgame by keeping RGIII on the sidelines, get in good field position on almost every possesion and force turnovers on the Redskins offense. If those three things do happen? It's win for the Giants on the road.
Out: TE Travis Beckum (Knee)
Doubtful: S Kenny Phillips (Knee), LB Jacquain Williams (Knee)
Questionable: WR Domenik Hixon (Ankle), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Back), T David Diehl (Shoulder)
Questionable: LB London Fletcher (Ankle), T Trent Williams (Thigh)
Final score is Giants 33, Redskins 20
BEST OF MAXIM
WHAT A POTTY MOUTH
Following Washington's win over the New York Monday night, Redskins owner Dan Snyder reportedly was overheard colorfully expressing his feelings about his team's rivals.
Stopping Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III becomes an even more daunting task with at least one of the Giants key components missing in action Monday night. Safety Kenny Phillips is doubtful as he was onyl able to make it through two practices during the week with an injured right knee. On Friday he sounded sure he'd play, but the team apparently doesn't feel the same way.
If the battle between the stumbling G-Men and the plucky Redskins wasn’t entertaining enough after Robert Griffin III led Washington over New York on Monday night, 17-16, this should do it.
Redskins owner Dan Snyder reportedly made his rounds in the locker room afterward and expressed just how nice it was to beat the Giants.
Redskins owner Dan Snyder congratulating everyone in...
Running on three and a half hours sleep this morning. Got home from the game around 1 last night, got into the bed around 1:30. I had to be at work this morning at 6:15 in northeast, waking up at 5. Was it worth it? YUP
On a Monday night football game that had the Skins statistically playing underdog, Washington pulled off a hard fought win. With the win, the Redskins ended their...
Mickie James joined Washington Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker and former wrestling announcer, turned weight loss champion, Chuck Carroll on 4th & Pain (www.4thAndPain.com).
* Mickie and Chuck attended pro wrestling training school together in the late 90′s in northern Va.
* Mickie says she realized she had made it in professional wrestling when she captured the WWE Women’s...
D.C. fans have a thing for Christmas puns for their young savior athletes. When Stephen Straburg debuted, they had a Strasmas. Now it’s Griffmas. Give some of the other religions a chance to have bad gags on their holidays, guys. Anyway, there are few cities more desperate for something to be excited about with their sports teams, so it is joy and rapture around D.C., for their...