Found December 24, 2012 on
Football Extra Points:
The Broncos and Manning are putting together an amazing season.
Here are my Power Rankings and a quick note about each team.
1) San Francisco - Don't panic, Seattle doesn't lose at home.
2) Texans - They are solid on both sides of the ball.
3) Patriots - Suspect defense keep them from the top spot.
4) Denver - On the rise, are they a Super Bowl sleeper?
5) Falcons - They need to show me something in the postseason.
6) Seattle - They can't win on the road in the playoffs.
7) Packers - Need defensive players to get healthy and produce.
8) Dallas - They've won some games but they're not going anywhere in the postseason.
9) Bears - They cannot protect Cutler and therefore can't win in the playoffs.
10) Steelers - Injuries have slowed this team.
11) Ravens - They're old on defense and Flacco can't lead them to the Super Bowl.
12) Giants - Too many questions for them to make another run.
13) Colts - Luck has this team in the playoffs, an amazing story that won't end in the Super Bowl.
14) Minnesota - They need more playmakers on offense.
15) Bengals - This is a good young team but still growing.
16) Washington - RG3 has this team winning but they're not a great team.
17) Saints - Amazing offense and no defense.
18) Titans - This team has some talent but have done nothing to bring it all together.
19) Tampa - This is a solid young team growing in the right direction.
20) Carolina - They need a new coach to help Newton grow.
21) Miami - They have a new QB in place.
22) Rams - Fisher gets a few years to put together his team in St. Louis.
23) Oakland - It's the Raiders, not much to say.
24) Lions - Complete disappointment.
25) Bills - Invested in QB and Defense, both busts.
26) Browns - Some young pieces in place.
27) SD - Time for a new Coach.
28) AZ - The worst QB situation in the League.
29) Jets - No organizational direction.
30) Eagles - The Andy Reid era comes to a terrible end.
31) Chiefs - This team is just bad.
32) Jacksonville - Blaine Gabbert is on his way out as a starting QB. This team, and their fans, aren't going anywhere but LA. I don't expect this team to be in Jacksonville in a couple years.
That's the list.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Denver Broncos: A Mile High Dynasty
For over a half-century the Broncos brand has provided Denver’s community with a shared heritage. In 1960, historic Mile High Stadium hosted the Broncos, Denver’s first professional sports team, AFL charter season. The stadium, originally constructed in 1948 for Denver’s minor-league baseball team, served as a tangible manifestation of the...
The Denver Broncos juggernaut of a season continued with a 34-12 win over the Cleveland Browns at Mile-Hi Stadium. With periodic success in all three facets of the game and having yet to play a complete game, the Broncos are primed for the playoffs.
But will this team look the same in 2013? The answer to that is a resounding, “No!” You can be certain that there will be some...
It used to be Dallas Clark, Peyton Manning used to look for in tough situations in Indianapolis. However, When Dallas Clark went down with a season ending injury in 2010 and Jacob Tamme stepped in with 631 yard and 4 touchdowns.
When Manning moved on to Denver, he made sure he would bring his talented young tight end. The tight end position to Manning is as important as any on...
The Broncos with first year QB Peyton Manning are looking to lock-up a first round bye with a win Sunday
Now that we're in the last two weeks of the season, the playoff scenarios are starting to come into focus.
Here's a look at the scenarios and my predictions:
AFC - Playoff Scenarios
HOUSTON TEXANS - Playing Minnesota
Houston can clinch...
Rarely one to talk publicly about the big picture or much beyond winning the next game, Denver coach John Fox weighed in on the interesting race for Most Valuable Player.
That race could come down to Peyton Manning of the Broncos vs. old rival Tom Brady of the Patriots and Adrian Peterson of the Vikings.
''Obviously, I'm going to be a little biased,'' Fox said...
Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno compiled 127 yards from scrimmage on 22 carries and five catches Sunday against the Browns.Fantasy Spin:Moreno is averaging 122.8 yards from scrimmage over his last five games after not playing from Week 3-11. The only thing he didn't do Sunday was score; fullback Jacob Hester punched in a 3-yarder in the fourth quarter.
Two of Eric Decker's six catches went for touchdowns Sunday against the Browns. The Broncos receiver finished with 65 yards.Fantasy Spin:Decker is closing in on his first 1,000-yard season. He needs 12 yards in Week 17 to accomplish the feat. His 11 receiving touchdowns also rank him among the NFL leaders.
DENVER -- Even with the Denver Broncos steamrolling into the playoffs behind his play, Peyton Manning can't bring himself to say he's all the way back from the neck injury that sidelined him during his final season in Indianapolis. Manning threw three touchdown passes, including two to Eric Decker, and the Broncos overwhelmed the Cleveland Browns 34-12 Sunday for their...
The Browns listed wideout Mohammed Massqauoi and TE Jordan Cameron inactive for today’s game versus the Broncos:
#Browns inactives: WR Massaquoi, RB B Jackson, DB Gipson, LB Moten, DL Kitchen, OL Shaw and TE Cameron.
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) December 23, 2012
Cornerback Tracy Porter will play for Broncos.
#Broncos inactives: Hanie, Caldwell, Carter, Gronkowski, Kuper...
DENVER -- Peyton Manning threw three touchdown passes, including two to Eric Decker, and the Denver Broncos kept rolling by beating the Cleveland Browns 34-12 Sunday for their 10th consecutive victory. The Broncos (12-3) matched the second longest win streak in team history -- they also won 10 in a row in 1984. They can wrap up the No. 2 playoff seed and first-round bye that goes...
Week 16 featured a matchup between two teams that were going in entirely different directions. The host Denver Broncos had won their eleventh game of the year on the road against a tough Baltimore Ravens team in week 15, had clinched the AFC West title weeks ago, and now found themselves in a race to nab one of the top two playoff seeds in the AFC. With the Houston Texans recent...
Peyton Manning against starting safeties Eric Hagg and Usama Young. Brandon Weeden against a Broncos pass rush led by Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil. The Cleveland Browns are in Denver and altitude sickness is the prognosis.
This is your game day open thread for Week 16. Hopefully you’re with family and special holiday-sized bottles today.