Found February 10, 2013 on
1) Introduction: Packers safety Jerron McMillian was the second of Green Bay’s two fourth round draft picks in 2012 (133rd overall). When the team lost safety Nick Collins in 2011, it quickly became a position of need for the Packers. Charles Woodson would move back to safety, but the team needed some young talent to infuse for the future. Enter McMillian who, much like Collins, was a Packers draft pick from a small school and a guy the team was hoping was a diamond in the rough. McMillian was drafted for his football smarts and ability to be equally as effective against the pass and in run support.
Born: 4/2/1989 in Newark, NJ
Rookie Year: 2012
NFL Experience: 1 year
Career Stats and more
3) Expectations coming into the season: The team knew they had both Woodson and Morgan Burnett as starters at safety so McMillian was not immediately expected to start. Heading into training cam...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
1) Introduction: Packers safety M.D. Jennings entered 2012 trying to crack the roster at safety after playing primarily on special teams in his rookie season of 2011. With Charles Woodson moving from cornerback to safety and with the team having drafted rookie Jerron McMillian in April’s draft, Jennings faced some stiff competition for reps at safety. Because...
Young Brandon Bostick could be part of a two-headed monster at tight end in 2013
If the Green Bay Packers decide to part ways with tight end Jermichael Finley, the assumption is that GM Ted Thompson would either sign a replacement in free agency or draft one in April. But I’m not so sure about that. I think Finley’s successor, or should I say successors, might already be on the...
1) Introduction: Packers S Charles Woodson was moved to safety in the team’s base 3-4 defense. A broken collarbone injury at St. Louis on October 21st forced Woodson to miss the rest of the regular season. He did not return until the Packers’ Wild Card matchup against the Minnesota Vikings.
Charles C. Woodson
1) Introduction: There probably isn’t anyone on the Packers roster right now more infuriating to fans than Jarrett Bush. Coming onto the team as an undrafted free agent in 2006, his performance as a cornerback/safety has been frustrating, to say the least. With an uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (and generally doing the wrong thing), Bush...
Aaron Rodgers appreciates Brett Favre's longevity. He wants to replicate that tenure while playing for the Green Bay Packers. Of course, that will require continued success at a high level and staying healthy. These are two things that don't come easy in the NFL.
According to Garrett Johnston of the Post-Gazette, Rodgers wants to play as long as Favre played...
GREEN BAY, Wis. With Greg Jennings one month away from hitting unrestricted free agency, the market for the 29-year-old wide receiver will be heating up soon.
The closest comparison to help determine Jennings' value is wide receiver Vincent Jackson, who signed a five-year, 55 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last offseason. Jackson was 29 at the time and had similar...
Looking towards the 2013 NFL Draft…
The latest “All Packers Talk” podcast gets the Packers’ Draft season underway with a general discussion of positional needs.
In tonight’s edition, we “start the conversation.”
We plan on doing a series of these podcasts, looking closely at this Packers team, position group by position group, and analyzing where improvements are needed...
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be 30 this coming December. After 8 years in the NFL, Rodgers will be entering the second half of his career soon and seems to be reflective on his past and his future. While talking to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Rodgers had this to say regarding his future in Green Bay.
“I’ve had eight great years there, the last five as...
Today is the 15th day of FOX Sports Wisconsin Packers writer Paul Imig's offseason evaluations of every player on Green Bay's roster. Click here for all of Paul's previous evaluations and come back every day through mid-March for Paul's in-depth film and statistical analysis. Coming up soon:
Today: RB Ryan Grant
Tuesday, Feb. 12: RB Alex Green
Wednesday, Feb. 13...
With Aaron Rodgers set to make just $9.75 million this season, it's fair to say the Green Bay Packers have received the better end of the deal on the six-year, $65 million pact their All-Pro quarterback signed back in 2008.
With his contract set to expire after the 2014 season, Rodgers and the team are hurtling toward negotiations for an extension that should pay him a bundle...
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he’d like to be the starting quarterback through at least the 2020 season. “I've had eight great years there, the last five as a starter,” Rodgers told the Green Bay Press-Gazette from the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. “Hopefully I can give them another eight-plus years of playing at a high level.”
Green Bay Packers
1. Running Back
3. Wide Receiver
4. Tight End
5. Outside Linebacker
1. Wide Receiver (2)
2. Defensive Tackle
3. Linebacker (2)
Despite a disappointing end to his 2012 season, Aaron Rodgers still tops the 2013 Fantasy PPR QB Rankings.
Even though the Super Bowl literally ended just days ago, the National Football League is a year-round sport and so is fantasy football. Therefore, despite the fact that the 2013 season is still a good eight months away, it is never too early to take a stab at ranking the...
Conventional wisdom says there should be three top receivers available in free agency this year: Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Dwayne Bowe.
They each have the skills to be a "No. 1" target, but they also have some knocks against them. Jennings is coming off an injury-plagued year for the Green Bay Packers while Wallace is a speed merchant who hasn't exactly developed...
Green Bay Packers Vs New England Patriots 1994 (by BentMG)
The infancy of the dynasty is always fun to look back upon. What a long strange 19 years it’s been…