Found November 11, 2011 on
Turn On The Jets:
New England Patriots
New York Jets
What else can I say? 12 Pack. Jets vs. Pats. It doesn’t get any better.
1. Tom Brady is getting sacked at least three times and will turn the football over at least once. He also won’t crack 300 yards through the air.
2. The other quarterback? Mark Sanchez will put together a performance very similar to the one he had in the playoffs last year.
3. Shonn Greene will be the leading rusher in this game. He will also score another touchdown.
4. Rob Gronkowski will have a big game against the Jets secondary after not doing in much in their first meeting.
5. Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress will combine for 150 yards receiving and a pair of touchdowns.
6. Joe McKnight is going to outplay Danny Woodhead.
7. Chad Ochocinco…will have at least 1 reception. How is that for a bold prediction?
8. Wes Welker will have 75 yards receiving and a touchdown.
9. Dustin Keller will have less receiving yards than both Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez.
10. Calvin Pace and Bart Scott will both record sa...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez, 11.9
On whether he expected to be playing in a game of this magnitude a month ago…
Well, I think nobody really lost sight of our goals a month ago when we were going through a tough stretch of three games, but we knew that everything we wanted would be right ahead of us if we just stayed the course and fought through it, I thought. I’ve just been...
The last time that the Jets met the Patriots, they were in a really bad place. The Jets had just had two horrible losses and it looked as if they were going to have yet another disappointing, over-hyped season. But oh have the tides changed. The Jets are coming off of a beautiful beating of the Buffalo Bills. And the Patriots are coming off of two straight losses—which is something...
While New England hasn’t been lighting up the scoreboard in recent weeks, Brady’s fantasy production has been steady but unspectacular. Don’t expect things to change this week, as the Jets’ pass defense should hold him well under 300 yards passing. Anything more than 2 TDs would be a mild surprise.
BenJarvus Green-Ellis/Danny Woodhead/Kevin Faulk
The Law Firm...
Offense: There have been calls from some in the media to let Mark Sanchez loose against a weak New England secondary. While I agree to an extent, the Jets still need to give Shonn Greene his 20 carries and have LaDainian Tomlinson/Joe McKnight chip in another 10. You don’t ignore your running game, you use it to set up your down field play action passing attack. A run first offense...
The Jets have been noticeably quieter this week leading up to their Sunday night game against the Patriots, although it’s clear they aren’t lacking for confidence. Antonio Cromartie thinks he has the book on Wes Welker. Jets coordinator Mike Pettine doesn’t see the same Tom Brady on film that he usually does. “It seems to…
The owner of the Jets urges his fans to bring throat lozenges. He wants Tom Brady to have to call for the earplugs.
In the biggest game of the season, and one of the biggest of his ownership, Woody Johnson wants MetLife Stadium to be a Green Monster Sunday night...
Star of the game
Eli Manning proved just how elite he is. And he showed he is at minimum in Tom Brady's class. The quarterback engineered two fourth-quarterback touchdown drives, including the game-winning, 80-yard march, hitting Jake Ballard for a 1-yard touchdown with 15 seconds remaining. He finished 20 of 39 for 250 yards and two touchdowns.
Rushing offense: B-minus
The numbers weren't all that impressive, as the Jets averaged only 3.2 yards rushing, but it would have been 3.6, for what it's worth, if not for three kneel-downs by QB Mark Sanchez. Shonn Greene contributed 76 yards on 19 carries and both LaDainian Tomlinson and FB John Conner had 1-yard TD plunges. Joe McKnight would've had an 18-yard run...