A day after blowing a late lead to Green Bay, three days before celebrating Thanksgiving, the Detroit Lions need to put their frustrations aside and think about all there is to be grateful for despite their 4-6 record.
A few suggestions:
1. Gary Bettman isnt their commissioner.
2. Donald Fehr isnt executive director of their Players Association.
3. They arent 0-10, on the verge of going 0-16 (been there, done that).
4. Nickelback isnt the halftime show.
5. CBS is televising Thursdays game against Houston, and Matt Millen doesnt work for CBS.
6. Neither does Mike Martz.
7. No marijuana busts since the season started.
8. The web-hit whores have run out of anonymous general managers to quote.
9. Martin Mayhew scouted and found the best available turkey for the postgame dinner.
10. They could be the Eagles.
These reeling Lions, of course, arent in the mood to feel so grateful, not after losing two straight. The Packers rallied Sunday in the final minutes for a 24-20 victory ...