Found January 23, 2012 on
1) Introduction: With Cullen Jenkins wearing an Eagles uniform, the Packers turned to Mike Neal to replace Jenkins’ pass rush and grasp of the 3-4 defense. It didn’t work out. Letting Jenkins go and relying so heavily on Neal turned out to be a rare miscalculation by Packers GM Ted Thompson, one that played a huge role in the Packers early exit from the postseason.
Michael Jamel Neal
Weight: 294 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Up and coming. Neal was supposed to be the next man up and fill the void left by Jenkins. After starting strong, Neal’s 2010 season was cut short due to injuries. Injuries got the best of Neal again in 2011, and the chiseled DE never came close to replacing Jenkins’ production.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Neal’s only highlight was finally making it onto the field. From there, everything else was a low-light. Neal manged just two tackles in seven games.
5) Player’s contribu...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
With Ryan Grant, Donald Driver, Jermichael Finley, Scott Wells, and Matt Flynn all free agents and the Green Bay Packers needing some drastic upgrades on the defensive side of the football, Pack general manager Ted Thompson has some major decisions to make this off-season.
Of the aforementioned names, Finley’s is the most intriguing. He is one of the most dynamic tight ends...
Packers linebacker Clay Matthews will offer his inaugural youth football camp this coming summer. Raymond T. Rivard photograph
If you’re a boy or girl between the ages of 7 and 14, you have the opportunity to hang out with Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews this summer.
That’s because Matthews will be kicking off his inaugural Youth Football Camp, The Bellin Health Care...
1) Introduction: One of the many memorable plays from Super Bowl XLV was Howard Green’s bull rush that forced a Ben Roethlisberger interception and resulted in a pick-six for Nick Collins. Green filled the space-eater role for the Packers in 2010, but never returned to form in 2011. Don’t expect him to return in 2012.
Howard Green Jr.
outside linebacker Erik Walden
1) Introduction: One of the pleasant surprises of the 2010 season, Walden had a career day in the last regular season game against the Chicago Bears where he terrorized Jay Cutler with 2 sacks and the rest of the team with an astonishing 11 tackles. Many fans hoped that in 2011, Walden would emerge as the James Harrison (only as a player, not as a...
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Quarterback Matt Flynn could be given the Packers franchise tag this offseason. He may just be allowed to walk away in free agency. Whatever the case is, Flynn will not be back in Green Bay next season.
Flynn was just too good in his record-breaking Week 17 performance to be a backup quarterback any longer. Flynn's teammates don't even expect him back...
Philbin was the offensive coordinator since 2007
With Joe Philbin off to Miami to be the team’s eighth head coach in the past 12 years, Mike McCarthy is left with a gaping hole on his staff. So in what has turned out to be a longer offseason than Packers fans had anticipated, how to replace Philbin figures to be the first of many big decisions facing McCarthy and general manager...
Packers coach Mike McCarthy tackles several subjects during a conference call with Dolphins beat reporters. Is Joe Philbin ready to become a head coach? Is Matt Flynn ready to be a starting quarterback?
Though the Green Bay Packers were home watching championship weekend, it was still a great day of football this past Sunday.
The stories coming out of those two championship games were many, but there were really some interesting tidbits that … [visit site to read more]
Championship weekend: What were the biggest stories? - Lombardi Ave - Lombardi Ave - A Green Bay Packers Fan...
The Packers' season went down in flames against the Giants, due in large part to four colossal blunders. We look at those four big plays in this four-part series. In Part 4, we look at Aaron Rodgers' third-quarter incompletion to Greg Jennings in the end zone.
Joe Philbin is a proud member of the Green Bay Packers family, and Mike McCarthy’s coaching tree, and if the Miami Dolphins’ new head coach would like to stay in the family, and on the tree, don’t expect him to take from that organization.
According to two members of the Packers organization, its common knowledge that Packers coaches and executives who move on to bigger and...
With Matt Flynn's expected free agent departure, the Packers need a quarterback. Kirk Cousins, a midround prospect from Michigan State, impressed on Monday in Mobile.