Found April 24, 2013 on
Turn On The Jets:
New York Jets
North Carolina Tar Heels
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Florida State Seminoles
Florida International Golden Panthers
With the NFL Draft a little over a day away, here is your complete list of players to watch with the New York Jets early round selections. Along with a ranking on a scale on 1-5 Tebows (SEO! SEO!) on how likely the Jets are to draft them in one man’s humble opinion.
9th and 13th Pick
- Chance Warmack – Guard – Alabama - A safe pick who starts from day one and is very good immediately…naturally he will get booed if selected by the Jets. 2.5 TEBOWS!
- Jonathan Cooper – Guard – North Carolina - See above. 2.5 TEBOWS!
- Tavon Austin – Wide Receiver – West Virginia - I think Jets fans are so used to watching players like Plod Greene, Jeff Cumberland and Chaz Schilens, they can’t fathom a guy like Austin on offense. 3 TEBOWS!
- Dion Jordan – Outside Linebacker – Oregon - Don’t think he will be there at #9. 1 TEBOW!
- Barkevious Mingo – Outside Linebacker – LSU - Most popular mock pick for Jets, which means there is probably no chance of him going there…still 3 TEBOWS!
- Tyler Eifert – Tight End – Notre Dame - Becoming a popular pick for Jets since they acquired the 13th pick for Darrelle Revis. Safe, immediate day one starter who fills a major need. 3 TEBOWS!
- Jarvis Jones – Outside Linebacker – Georgia - Talk starting to pick up about the Jets interest in him. Smokescreen? Less flash than other pass rushers but maybe safer pick. 2.5 TEBOWS!
- Ziggy Ansah – Defensive End – BYU - Doubt he is there by #9. 1 TEBOW!
- Geno Smith – Quarterback – West Virginia - Radio City goes wild because his name isn’t Mark Sanchez. 1.5 TEBOWS!
- Dee Milliner – Cornerback – Alabama - Rex does love his cornerbacks. 2 TEBOWS!
- DJ Hayden – Cornerback – Houston - Rex just attended his workout. 2.5 TEBOWS!
- Kenny Vaccaro – Safety – Texas - Haven’t heard much about him lately but the Jets are currently starting Josh Bush at safety. 1.5 TEBOWS!
25th – 39th Range (Jets pick 39th but could very well trade down from 9 or 13 to 25-38 range as well).
- EJ Manuel – Quarterback – Florida State - The highest ceiling of any quarterback in this draft. 2.5 TEBOWS!
- Matt Elam – Safety – Florida - Visited Florham Park. Fills a major need. Good value in this range. 3 TEBOWS!
- Jonathan Cyprien – Safety – Florida International - See above. 3 TEBOWS!
- Margus Hunt – Defensive End – Southern Methodist - The Jets spent plenty of time with him, with Rex Ryan personally working him out. 2.5 TEBOWS!
- Ryan Nassib – Quarterback – Syracuse - Are Jets actually interested or just smoke-screening Buffalo? 2 TEBOWS!
- Sylvester Williams – Defensive Tackle – North Carolina - Jets could surprise and take a DT earlier than most expect. 2 TEBOWS!
- Sio Moore – Outside Linebacker – UConn - If the Jets don’t address OLB early in round 1, he becomes that much more likely of a pick. 3 TEBOWS!
- Zach Ertz – Tight End – Stanford - The Jets need a starting tight end, badly. 3 TEBOWS!
- Giovanni Bernard – Running Back – North Carolina - (Still waiting on Chris Ivory trade). 1 TEBOW!
BEST OF MAXIM
LEAVE MARK ALONE
Count former coach and current NFL analyst Bill Cowher among those in the camp who believe that it's not time to give up on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez just yet.
Listen via the embedded player below.Listen to internet radio with The JetsInsider Radio Show on Blog Talk RadioJets Insider Radio broadcasted live on Wednesday night from 8-10 PM with our annual Pre-Draft show. Deegan and Mojo break down all aspects of Thursday's Draft and discuss all other Jets events including the Revis trade.Joining us in this episode is NY Post long time...
1.09 New York Jets Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama, (6-0, 201)
The New Yorks Jets traded away Darrelle Revis prior to the draft, leaving the Jets with an obvious need at corner back. Pressure will be very high on Milliner to fill Revis’s shoes, but he could very well be the guy that can do it.
Milliner is a guy that has the ability to stick with any receiver in this league man-to-man...
2013 NFL Draft 9th Pick: CB Dee MillinerCollege: AlabamaHeight: 6'0"Weight: 201Headline: The Milliner Peninsula? Initial Reaction:With the 9th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the New York Jets selected CB Dee Milliner out of Alabama. A consensus top 10 overall pick, its fair to say the Jets received good value in their selection of Milliner. Many draft experts had Milliner...
Just when you thought that you had run out of ideas to make fun of New York Jets fan, these photos courtesy of Guyism come to wake:
Are we so sure that Rex Ryan is a lame duck coach who has no influence in Florham Park anymore? Tonight felt an awful lot like many previous drafts with Rex Ryan as the head coach, as the New York Jets selected a defensive lineman in the first round for the third straight year and added a cornerback in the first round for the second time in three years.
The results were surprising...
It's funny writing about the NFL Draft. There's two sides to the equation and you can't really take both and talk about all the possibilities without pumping out an essay that people lose interest in half way through. It's you write about what the Jets should do, or what the Jets will probably do.Part 1 of this article (discussing the Jets ninth overall selection...
He's the one that looks like he's probably a fantasy writer.
Well, actually I think the books are called Song of Ice and Fire, but you get what I mean.
Acclaimed author George R.R. Martin's books are what the popular HBO TV series Game of Thrones is based on.
Other than spending his time dreaming up scenarios involving dragons, swords, sex and dead children, Martin...
Tavon Austin reported that the New York Jets have shown a particular interest in the former West Virginia superstar.
It's been an ugly divorce for Darrelle Revis and the New York Jets as the star defensive back had some choice words for his former team.
While nothing has been consummated between the New York Jets and the New Orleans Saints, you still get the feeling a deal for running back Chris Ivory will be complete before the NFL Draft or shortly after the Draft begins.According to ProFootballTalk.com, Saints general manager told reporters on Tuesday that he had in fact talked to the Jets about possibly trading the backup running...
According to ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio via NFL.com, New York Jets general manager John idzik is keeping his options open and may be open to trading down in the first round.
“I think the real substantive talks will come tomorrow,” Idzik said Wednesday, according to ESPN.com’s Sal Paolantonio. “I think we’re in a position at No. 9 and No. 13 in the first round to get two really...
In a surprising move on Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall, the New York Jets took defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson with the No. 13 overall selection. Find out whether the Richardson pick is a boom or a bust for John Idzik and company.
We were about two-thirds of the way through our Team Blogger Mock Draft when the trade between Tampa Bay and the New York Jets illustrated the complete futility of the effort by making a trade that made it obsolete.
I probably should have gone back and re-done it, but I was running out of time. So I left it as it was and moved on, but I did want to address the trade and its impact...