Found February 06, 2013 on
1) Introduction: Since being picked up by the Packers in 2009, the most action ILB Robert Francois has seen was in 2011. He filled in as the right-side starter for three games when both A.J. Hawk and Desmond Bishop were out with injuries. His performance was admirable, snatching a couple interceptions in athletic fashion, but he hasn’t done much since.
Robert Joseph Francois
Born: 05/14/1985, in Highlands, TX
College: Boston College
Rookie Year: 2009
NFL Experience: 3 years
Career Stats and more
3) Expectations coming into the season: Despite the sudden influx of talent at the inside linebacker position, some fans were holding out hope that Robert Francois would be able to build on the limited success from 2011. No one pegged him as starting material, but he could serve as a solid backup in emergency situations and fulfill the needs of the special teams units.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: None to speak of, r...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Ted Thompson is on the prowl…
Before I get totally immersed in DRAFT information, including, but not limited to, the upcoming NFL COMBINE I thought it might be a good time to drop a few tidbits of information and opinion on the PACKERS off-season.
I can assure you that TED THOMPSON and his staff are involved up to their eyeballs when it comes to the off season scouting process...
1) Introduction: Packers outside linebacker Frank Zombo appeared in just seven games for the Packers in 2012. Zombo has battled injuries for most of his three seasons in Green Bay and started this past season on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. His first game action did not come until week 11 against the Detroit Lions and he played sparingly from there...
1) Introduction: D.J. Smith will forever be tagged as the undersized inside linebacker for the Green Bay Packers. Selected in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft, scouts considered his height to be a significant drawback. Up until his injury this season, he has provided some solid depth for the Packers.
Darryl Devon Smith, Jr.
Green Bay Packers’ fans flocked to watch wide receiver Donald Driver officially retire today at Lambeau Field’s atrium. As you can see from the photo of Driver on the stage, a street will be named after him. Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel transcribed from of his speech. Driver: Now you know why Packer fans are so special. They show the loyalty, they show the...
According to Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, there’s a 5050 chance tight end Jermichael Finley isn’t back with the Packers next season.
Also of note, league sources told @jasonlacanfora that Finley unlikely to stay in Green Bay. We’ll see. Heard here that it’s “a coin flip.”
— Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne) February 8, 2013
Even though Finley played better and...
As part of Donald Driver's retirement ceremony on Wednesday, the team assembled quotes from all sorts of Packers legends and standouts. Here are just a few, including Jerry Kramer, who called Driver a "quintessential Packer" who "cared about people."
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers had a very good reason for presenting an award with Brett Favre at Saturday night's NFL Honors event: The Packers quarterback wanted to bury the hatchet with the now-retired three-time NFL MVP who topped him on Green Bay's depth chart for three seasons.
For the past five years since becoming the Packers' starting quarterback, Rodgers has...
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Donald Driver went out in style, retiring from the Green Bay Packers in a way that no one else in the franchise's illustrious history ever had.The Packers' all-time leading receiver in yards and catches held a public ceremony Wednesday morning inside the Lambeau Field Atrium. Driver was joined by 1,000 of his most die-hard fans, most of whom waited outside...
Jermichael Finley believes his chances of returning to the Packers next season are ”50/50.”
“It’s the nature of the business,” Finley said, via the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “If there’s a guy that’s overpaid or that they think is overpaid, they’ll ask for a pay cut. There’s no doubt that I want to be there for life. But it’s a business and the business will...
Team president and CEO Mark Murphy
I want to first thank all the fans for coming out today. I know a lot of you waited in line in the cold to get your tickets and you waited this morning, so give yourselves a round of applause.
It's always a little bittersweet when a great player's career ends like Donald's. But this is just special day. It's a great day for the...
It's all quiet on the Midwestern front but agent Carl Poston also realizes decision time may be nearing for Packers general manager Ted Thompson.
"I guess the Packers have to make a decision," Poston said. "Is having Charles out there worth $11 million a year? I would think so because he's one of the better defensive players. He's not what he was but...
On Thursday, Packers tight end Jermichael Finley said it's "50/50" whether he will be in Green Bay next season.
"I would love to stay there," Finley said, "but if Green Bay says otherwise, I play football for a living, so I'd have to switch gears and get ready for another chapter in my life."
By releasing or trading Finley, the Packers...
A joint appearance with Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre at the NFL Honors program was a big step toward welcoming the three-time MVP back into the Packers family.
The Receiver statue, located at Titletown Brewing Co. on the renamed Donald Driver Way, will be given a Donald Driver-style makeover.