With the NFL draft getting closer, it’s time to start narrowing down the first round prospects for the Philadelphia Eagles. Recently, I wrote about the Eagles’ draft patterns and listed out some criterion to go by in an effort to rule in or rule out potential players.
Therefore, this article is a continuation of my last article and based on the patterns discussed there. Here is a quick recap of the criteria discussed previously:
1. The Eagles do not hold a private workout or pre-draft visit for their true first round target
2. Andy Reid has a strong history of selecting players who participated in the Senior Bowl
3. 63% of Reid’s 11 first round picks have been linemen (two OL, five DL)
4. They are not linked publicly to, or only as having vague interest in, their true target
5. They will not draft the player who the majority of mock drafts predict
6. They prefer players with high character, high motors and team leader qualities
Of course, this is highly subjective and based some o...