Before you read any further, I will let you know that I am by no means a draft expert. We leave that department to Austin (@Phinfanalyst). However, I wanted to give this whole mock drafting thing a try. Now, I should preface this by saying that this is what I think will happen, no necessarily what I want to happen. We can judge how accurate this draft was after the conclusion of the first round. So, without further adieu, here it goes.
Photo Courtesy of Dolphins.com
1. Kansas City Chiefs – OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
The Chiefs are taking a left tackle with the first pick, but I think Fisher is the best prospect of this bunch.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
Gus Bradley is a defensive minded coach…What better way to build a defense than to have a solid anchor in the middle.
3. Oakland Raiders – DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
The Raiders get back to basics and chose a stud lineman over a flashy playmaker.
4. Philadelphia Eagles – OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Some have the Eagles taking Geno Smith here, but Chip Kelly knows they need to sure up their offensive line if any QB is going to be productive.
5. Detroit Lions – OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Joeckel fell to #5? Matthew Stafford approves of this move, as the Lions pick up a starting left tackle they never thought they’d have a chance at.
6. Cleveland Browns – DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
Jordan falls to #6? The Browns pounce on the player they have rated the 2nd highest in the draft to solidify their pass rush.
7. Arizona Cardinals – DE Ezekial Anash, BYU
Many mocks have the Cardinals taking a lineman, but Anash has too much potential to pass up.
8. Buffalo Bills – OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
Ryan Nassib has been linked to the Bills, but I don’t think it will be this early. I think they are looking at him as a 2nd/3rd rounder.
9. New York Jets – CB, Dee Millner, Alabama
Simple: Replacement for Darrelle Revis (though he won’t be nearly as good)
10. Tennessee Titans – OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
They need OL help in a bad way, so Cooper makes sense here.
(continued on page 2, CLICK HERE)