Found October 01, 2012 on
2 Guys Fantasy:
- Hart Breaking
- One question. Did you start Brian Hartline against the Cards? Chances are you didn’t. Well, the bad news I don’t Hartline won’t be putting up 245 yds receiving again, but the good news is he may have merged as a viable fantasy threat. Hartline is certainly not a WR1 option, but he could be a solid Flex play going forward. Just don’t expect 200 yards a game.
- Peyton Rolling
- Peyton may finally be hitting his stride as a Bronco after a rough couple of weeks against the Falcons and Texans, but was back to old ways against the Raiders. I have maintained throughout the off season he would emerge as a top 10 fantasy QB and if he keeps playing like he did on Sunday he could exceed that.
- A Losing Battle
- Perhaps you were one of the perplexed Ryan Matthews owners who watched Jackie Battle vulture 2 short touchdowns from the oft-injured back. Matthews had an ok game (61 yds rushing, 21 yards receiving) but 2 touchdowns could have made it a great day. Hopefully, it was just a case of Battle getting work in certain packages and not a trend where Matthews will be subbed out around the goal line.
- Chris Johnson Sighting
- Granted the Titans were blown away by the Texans, but fantasy owners had to smile when they say that CJ2K finally had a breakout performance. Johnson didn’t find the end zone but his 151 yards rushing marked a season high and it appears he might be finding his groove after a rough start to the season. Hopefully you had him in your line up to reap the benefits.
- Bullish on Bolden?
- Gee, this is a tough one. Brandon Bolden passes the eye test as a good back, but I’m not sure he has long term potential in single season formatted leagues. Stevan Ridley has done nothing to lose his job as the starting back for the Pats, so for now only consider Bolden in deeper leagues if you have room to stash a player on waivers.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Chargers Jackie Battle admits even he was shocked to receive the bulk of the teams carries in Week 4 against the Chiefs. "I had no idea I was going to get that much work," Battle said. "They kept sending me back out and calling my number, so I figured I was doing something right."
Jackie Battle’s arms are not this big Juan…
Week 5 PPR Rankings
PPR RB Rankings
PPR WR Rankings
PPR TE Rankings
Flex PPR Rankings
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Marty Schottenheimer was in town for the Chiefs' alumni weekend before heading back to his home in Charlotte, N.C., and back into retirement.
Perhaps some Chiefs fans should have tackled him before he got to the Kansas City airport.
Yes, it's getting that desperate in these parts.
The Chiefs not only fell to 1-3 on Sunday with yet another head-scratching...
With San Diego Chargers running back Ryan Mathews struggling to hold onto the football, Jackie Battle is now listed as the starting running back down in Southern California.
I’m sure the Chargers will give Mathews a chance to earn his starting spot back, but right now Battle is getting the job done.
San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews has perplexed and frustrated fantasy football owners over the last few seasons. He entered the league two seasons ago with high expectations and has failed to deliver on the level of predictions surrounding him. I bought into the hype his rookie season and made a reach in order to grab him as he was advertised as the second coming of LaDainian Tomlinson...
Jackie Battle started for the Chargers against the Chiefs on Sunday and was getting a majority of the early work. Battle got six of the Chargers first seven rushing attempts as they built a 17-0 lead and Battle scored a touchdown.
San Diego general manager A.J. Smith threatened to send Ryan Mathews packing over his fumbling problems, telling the San Diego Union-Tribune he could...
Jackie Battle had one receiving touchdown and ran for a score as the San Diego Chargers pounded the Kansas City Chiefs, 37-20, at Arrowhead Stadium.
Philip Rivers was 18-of-23 passing for 209 yards with two touchdowns and Antonio Gates had three catches for 59 yards for the Chargers (3-1), who bounced back from last week's 27-3 setback to Atlanta with 17 first-quarter points...
The San Diego Chargers have moved Jackie Battle ahead of Ryan Mathews on the teams depth chart. The reason according to the Chargers is because Battle started last week.
Battle, 29, ran for 39 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries against Kansas City. He also caught 4 passes for 42 yards and a touchdown.
Mathews has seen his playing time take a hit due to his penchant of fumbling....
Week 4 began the bye weeks with both Indianapolis and Pittsburgh taking Sunday off. This week the number of teams on bye will expand to four, which will have fantasy owners searching for viable replacements off of waivers. As you'll read, there are many options to look at this week.
Brandon Weeden, CLE - After Week 1 it was hard to imagine recommending Weeden at...
The Chiefs were riding high after a solid victory last week against the Saints, but their parade was promptly and torrentially rained upon by Phillip Rivers and the Chargers. This game was not so much about the Chargers being vastly superior, as it was about how truly terrible the Chiefs are.Heroes: Phillip Rivers, Jackie BattleFor years, Phillip Rivers has led this Chargers team...
This may be one of the worst fantasy football seasons in recent memory when it comes to the waiver wire. I can’t think of another season in recent years with as little to choose from on the wire.