Found February 02, 2012 on
1) Introduction: Ryan Pickett was another Packers defensive linemen who was a non-factor as a pass rusher this season. To be fair, however, Pickett isn’t on the team to run around and chase after quarterbacks.
Ryan Lamont Pickett
Weight: 340 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Run stuffer. When Pickett wasn’t on the field, the Packers run defense suffered noticably. When healthy, Pickett usually did what he was supposed to do: Plug holes, absorb double teams and make plays as a run stopper.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Pickett’s highlights usually aren’t a thing of beauty unless you consider two large men failing miserably to block another large man a thing of beauty. I also enjoy Pickett’s celebration whenever he makes a play in the backfield. Big guys celebrating are always cool. Pickett’s health problems were his main lowlight. The defense went from bad to worse when he wasn’t playing.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
1) Introduction: This was supposed to the season where Raji established himself as a top defensive lineman. He never made that leap, and it killed the Packers down the stretch.
Busari Raji Jr.
Weight: 337 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Stud. After totaling 39 tackles, 6.5 sacks and dancing his...
1) Introduction: As the “other” outside linebacker from Middle Tennessee State (Erik Walden) on the Packers roster, Jamari Lattimore was perhaps the polar opposite of Vic So’oto. While So’oto was more powerful that quick, Lattimore was more quick than powerful. While So’oto exploded onto the scene during the preseason, Lattimore remained relatively...
Aaron Rodgers will be named the NFL's Most Valuable Player on Saturday night, and deservedly so.If it seems strange during a season in which Drew Brees passed for more yards than any quarterback in the history of the NFL that someone else would win MVP, but a closer look at the statistics explains why Rodgers will -- and should -- win in a landslide.Yes, Brees flew by Dan Marino...
(01-31) 20:23 PST -
The Packers' quarterback and Cal alum wasn't happy with his team's performance. No, not in that 37-20 season-ending loss to the Giants - in the 59-41 Pro Bowl loss. On his radio show Tuesday on ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers called out his NFC teammates for...
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)
What? The Pro Bowl was on Sunday? I seriously pretty much forgot. Uh, your Vikings highlights ... Well, two white guys from the team played in the game ... Jared Allen had one tackle and ... Chad Greenway? He's a Pro Bowler? ... He had six tackles, four of them solo. So there's that, in case you were really interested in finding out what the best of the losers had to offer...
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Green Bay Packers have hired Tom Clements as their new offensive coordinator.