Found August 31, 2013 on
NFL Injury Report:
The San Diego Chargers have cut Max Starks a day before teams have to set their 53 man roster. Starks was unable to beat out King Dunlap for the starting left tackle job this year so the Chargers had no interest in keeping him around anymore.
Starks, the former Steelers offensive lineman was one of 11 players cut on Friday. Starks was actually given a chance to compete with Dunlap but he couldn't establish himself on the offensive line that needs help protecting Phillip Rivers.
Before going to San Diego, Max Starks had been on the Steelers for nine years. He was selected by the Steelers in 2004 in the third round of the NFL Draft. He became a full-time starter in 2005 for the Steelers. In 2007, he lost his job to Willie Colon, but still appeared in all 16 games that season. He played right tackle for Pittsburgh.
Looking for fantasy football advice?
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Coming off his worst statistical season since 2007, Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers must respond to the growing criticisms that he is no more than a headstrong, immovable Southern gunslinger-style QB who forces too many throws that create too many turnovers.Whether you believe in Rivers’ abilities or not, an offense can’t put up points without the ball.
Thursday night the San Diego Chargers were crushed by the San Francisco 49ers 41-6. While this result looks alarming at first, and there are some concerns from the game, this score doesn’t reflect how the Chargers will be throughout the season.
The first thing to take into account when analyzing the game is that the San Diego first team didn’t play. Even while the 49er starters...
Charger Fans (@chargers)
The San Diego Hall of Champions and the San Diego Sports Commission (SDSC) which includes representatives of the San Diego Chargers, San Diego Padres, San Diego Sockers, San Diego State University, University of San Diego, UC San Diego, Point Loma Nazarene University and CIF San Diego Section have proposed a universal Fan Code of Conduct designed to complement...
On Thursday, the NFL wrapped up the giant lawsuit against them over concussions with a one fell swoop $765 million settlement just before the start of the regular season, and former San Diego Chargers lineback Gary Plummer says he knows what prompted the league into action.
Left tackle Max Starks reached the end of the road Friday, at least with the San Diego Chargers.
After playing what he called ''probably one of my worst games in my entire career,'' Starks was among 11 players cut by the Chargers, who must release 11 more by Saturday afternoon to get down to the 53-man limit.
The 10-year veteran allowed three sacks in a 41-6 loss...
Veteran left tackle Max Starks may have reached the end of the road, at least with the San Diego Chargers.
After playing what he called ''probably one of my worst games in my entire career,'' Starks could be among the 22 players the Chargers must release by Saturday afternoon to get down to the 53-man limit.
Starks allowed three sacks in a 41-6 loss to the San Francisco...
The San Diego Chargers announced a few of their cuts on Friday and they included former Pittsburgh Steelers tackle Max Starks. Starks, who signed a one-year, $2 million contract in May, didn’t have a good preseason and only played 63 snaps in total. With the veteran tackle now unemployed, he will likely remain that way [...]
Chargers Release Former Steelers T Max Starks On Friday...
The San Diego Chargers have traded a 2015 conditional seventh-round draft pick to the Dallas Cowboys for defensive tackle Sean Lissemore.
Also on Sunday, the Chargers claimed defensive lineman Drake Nevis from the Indianapolis Colts and linebacker Terrell Manning from the Green Bay Packers.
General manager Tom Telesco says the moves are to bolster the team's depth.