Found April 09, 2012 on
Pro Football Zone:
According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the Seattle Seahawks have re-signed veteran cornerback Marcus Trufant.
Trufant was released by the Seahawks last month, since he was due to make just over $4 million in 2012. They’ve signed him to a one-year deal, that will likely be a lot less than he was originally set to make.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Seattle Seahawks agreed to terms Monday with longtime cornerback Marcus Trufant on a one-year deal.
Trufant's time in Seattle appeared over when he was released by the team with two years left on his contract on March 7. Trufant was scheduled to make $7.2 and $8.8 million in base salary the next two years. He missed significant time the last three seasons with injuries and...
The Seattle Seahawks reached an agreement Monday on a one-year deal with veteran cornerback Marcus Trufant.
Trufant, who has dealt with lingering injuries the past three seasons, had been released by Seattle in March.
The former first-round pick played in just four games last season and was placed on injured reserve Oct. 17 with a back injury.
Trufant has 612 tackles and 21 interceptions...
Per the Seahawks website, Veteran cornerback Marcus Trufant has agreed to terms on a one-year contact to remain with the Seahawks for 2012 season.
As recently as March 16th it was reported Trufant, a nine-year starter for the Seahawks, was given a physical and met with the defensive coaching staff. Now this great news for fans and players on the current roster that just love what...
Tru back in the fold
The reasons I love the re-signing of Marcus Trufant.
On March 7th the Seahawks released Marcus Trufant in a move that I expected to end his tenure in Seattle. I thought some team would offer the former pro-bowler a decent contract with a starting opportunity but it appears that was not the case.
Yesterday the Seahawks re-signed Marcus to a 1-year contract to...
First reported on twitter by both ESPN's Adam Schefter and Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network is the latest FREE AGENT visit into the VMAC facility (home of the Seahawks.
Free-agent defensive tackle Aubrayo Franklin is visiting the team today.
Franklin made 17 tackles in 16 games for the Saints last season. He had spent the previous four seasons with the 49ers, who named...
Hot News for CB Marcus Trufant
“There’s always next season.”
Every sports fan has heard or said these words at some point. For 97% of them, it’s true. The other 3% reside in Baltimore, where the Colts used to gallop, or (y)our beloved Seattle, where the SuperSonics used to make waves.
In those rare instances, there wasn’t a next season. How coincidental is it that the city most beleaguered for its...
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, free agent defensive tackle Aubreyo Franklin is visiting the Seattle Seahawks today.
Franklin played with the New Orleans Saints in 2011, but diddn’t seem to have the same effect he did with the 49ers the previous four seasons.
The 31 year-old Franklin will now look to pro-long his NFL career elsewhere, and that could end up being Seattle...
According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, Miami Dolphins linebacker Cameron Wake hasn’t shown up for offseason work outs and could end up being out for a while, since he’s looking for a new contract.
Wake is currently scheduled to make $615,000 in 2012, which is the final year of his current contract.
Wake has clearly out performed his contract after recording 42 tackles...
According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, after listening to the appeals for New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis, head coach Sean Payton and assistant coach Joe Vitt, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has decided to uphold the original bounty penalties that were handed down just a few weeks ago.
Payton’s suspension will now begin on April 16th, so he essentially...