Posted February 12, 2013 on
Ted Thompson's track record drafting running backs has been underwhelming. With the backfield in flux behind DuJuan Harris, a three-down back who excels in pass protection and receiving would be a major asset.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Green Bay Packers never stood a chance in signing free agent Greg Jennings and already told the seven-year veteran that they wouldn’t be among the teams pursuing him. Jordy Nelson, James Jones and the emergence of Randall Cobb have the Packers set for 2013, but why didn’t they at least shop Greg Jennings before the NFL trade deadline or at the start of the season?
1) Introduction: Packers safety M.D. Jennings entered 2012 trying to crack the roster at safety after playing primarily on special teams in his rookie season of 2011. With Charles Woodson moving from cornerback to safety and with the team having drafted rookie Jerron McMillian in April’s draft, Jennings faced some stiff competition for reps at safety. Because...
Packers T Don Barclay
1) Introduction: Everyone’s favorite Packers wrestling jobber went from an afterthought in training camp to an important player down the stretch. Barclay did enough to make the team, then did enough after being forced into the starting lineup to merit a look at starting somewhere on the line next season.
Packers G/T T.J. Lang
1) Introduction: Armed with a new four-year contract, T.J. Lang was excellent early in the season. Then he tore a ligament in his elbow in game five and regressed a little bit. Having to fill in at right tackle didn’t help matters, either. Overall, though, Lang had a good season and he’s another player the Packers don’t have to worry about when it comes...
Young Brandon Bostick could be part of a two-headed monster at tight end in 2013
If the Green Bay Packers decide to part ways with tight end Jermichael Finley, the assumption is that GM Ted Thompson would either sign a replacement in free agency or draft one in April. But I’m not so sure about that. I think Finley’s successor, or should I say successors, might already be on the...
1) Introduction: Packers S Charles Woodson was moved to safety in the team’s base 3-4 defense. A broken collarbone injury at St. Louis on October 21st forced Woodson to miss the rest of the regular season. He did not return until the Packers’ Wild Card matchup against the Minnesota Vikings.
Charles C. Woodson
Packers T Marshall Newhouse
1) Introduction: Marshall Newhouse may have been the Packers best offensive lineman down the stretch. But overall, his numbers were about the same as they were a season ago, when Newhouse was a struggling first-year starter. Was Newhouse’s strong finish a sign of good things to come? Or just an average player having a good three-game run?
Despite flourishing in 2012, the Green Bay Packers are considering releasing inside linebacker A.J. Hawk to save $5.45 million in cap space. Green Bay, who went 11-5 and won the AFC North, reportedly has little chance to retain both the … Continue reading →
Packers T Bryan Bulaga
1) Introduction: If Bryan Bulaga looked into a crystal ball, what would he see? Would he a season where he finally stays healthy and is solid at right tackle? Would he see a move to left tackle? Would he see himself handing over half of his annual salary to me? It’d be nice if he saw the third scenario, but the first two are more likely.
Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazette writes that the Packers could end up tripling their cap space in the next few weeks as GM Ted Thompson decides what to do with some of their veteran players.
Dougherty writes that there’s actually a chance that the Packers may elect to part ways with S Charles Woodson, which in turn would create $10 million cap space. On top of that...
It’s the Juan Dollar Bill…
See more Funny Pics here
Conventional wisdom says there should be three top receivers available in free agency this year: Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Dwayne Bowe.
They each have the skills to be a "No. 1" target, but they also have some knocks against them. Jennings is coming off an injury-plagued year for the Green Bay Packers while Wallace is a speed merchant who hasn't exactly developed...