It’s Super Bowl week and it’s a shame that the Steelers aren’t there. Next year we’ll be in New Orleans at this time prepping for the game on Sunday and winning #7. But in the mean time the guys have kept busy. I’ve got a lot of leftover Pro Bowl stuff as well as some other fun stuff.
- LaMarr Woodley was happy this week (as was The Show) about Coach Butler deciding to stay with the Steelers:
Music 2 my ears… great coachKeith Butler changes mind on Colts, will stay with Steelers
profootballtalk.nbcsports.comSteelers linebackers coach Keith Butler has had a change of heart about becoming the next defensive coordinator of the Colts. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Butler decided against going to Indianapolis after meeting today with team president Art Rooney II and head coach Mike Tomlin.
- James Harrison and Mike Wallace took advantage of some fishing while in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. Harrison also took some great footage of Mike Wallace reeling in a big one. Check it out here and here.
@wallace17_dakid Going fishing
- James Harrison (@jharrison9292)
- And then they took advantage of eating that fish. Someone cooked it up for the guys, check out a picture of the feast here:
The kid @Wallace17_daKid caught a pacific marlin fish they made it six different ways
- Antonio Brown (@AntonioBrown84)
- Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu ride to all the Steeler games together. So Ryan was feeling a little sentimental heading to the Pro Bowl:
1st time pulling up to a stadium w/o @tpolamalu in years! Just feels weird. Miss my brother. He didnt come to make this ride possible 4 me!
- Ryan Clark (@RealRClark25)
- ESPN counted down 20 current players that could have played in any football era. Of those 20 players that made the Any Era list 4 of them were Steelers and all four were in the top 10. Pretty impressive. It was chosen by 20 former players currently in the Hall of Fame. For an explanation of how they were chosen click here. So, congratulations to #10 James Harrison, #8 Hines Ward, #3 Ben Roethlisberger and #2 Troy Polamalu. To see the full list you can check it out on ESPN’s website.
- Some pictures popped up of Ben Roethlisberger and his wife golfing in Hawaii. Actually it looks like he’s golfing and she’s taking some pictures and along for the ride. To see the album click here.
- So, these last three all go to Brett Keisel. First he is doing his Shear the Beard for charity next Thursday and all proceeds will go to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. To read the full article the Steelers did about it, go to their website here. But I think Keisel is going to be sad to see it go. Here was his Facebook post last night:
7 day count down to SHEAR DA BEARD for Childrens Pgh cancer research. Hope to see you there Steeler Nation!
- Keisel also gets the quote of the week as he spent a few days in Indianapolis and has been talking to reporters.
“It’s going to happen, I think,” said Keisel, who is in town promoting Head & Shoulders. “It’s going to be a different team. Who knows? Maybe I won’t even be here.”
“It’s going to be different,” Keisel said. “Ben [Roethlisberger] might be lining up in a three-point stance. I don’t know. We’re all going to have to focus and get ready because I really do believe we have the talent to make another run.”
- And finally Keisel was on the other side this year, being the one to ask the questions. Check out his interview of Victor Cruz at Super Bowl Media day:
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff