Found January 12, 2013 on
Football Extra Points:
Denver, New England and Green Bay each have a future Hall of Fame Quarterback on their roster. This weekend is going to have some great QB play.
The Wildcard round brought us some pretty bad games. The marque quarterbacks were on a bye so this week should be a lot better.
Here are the quarterbacks and how they stack-up
1) Manning - Peyton Manning is the MVP of the League this year so he has to be the best QB on the board. He's lead the Broncos to the #1 Seed in an AFC that has a lot of competition at the top. This will be a great game for Manning against an old Ravens defense.
2) Brady - It's hard not to put Brady at the top but this season Peyton gets the honor. The Patriots can put up 50 and they just might against a Texans team that is falling apart.
3) Rodgers - Aaron Rodgers is a great QB but this season it just doesn't seem like he has everything together. There have been a lot of injuries on the offensive side of the ball this season and maybe that's it.
4) Ryan - Matt Ryan has to win this game to quiet the critics. He's had two weeks to listen to everyone talk about how he can't win in the playoffs. He will have so much pressure on him before the game starts I hope he can concentrate. Too bad he's running into the Seahawks buzzsaw defense.
6) Wilson - Russell Wilson is playing at a very high level right now and the only rookie QB still in the playoffs. He landed on a great team and has taken advantage of his opportunities. A great defense and great running game help a young QB's development.
6) Schaub - The Texans and Schaub are really struggling. They beat the Bengals last week but it wasn't an impressive victory. Schaub has to score on every possession to keep up with the Patriots. I don't see that happening.
7) Kaepernick - I think the right devision is to have Kaepernick start over Alex Smith. The 49ers have a more explosive feel on offense with Colin behind center. I like where he's going but he's not at the top of this list yet.
8) Flacco - I do not see Ravens' fans obsession with Joe Flacco. He went 12-23 last week. I don't care what his yards were, you cannot consistently win in the NFL throwing around 50%. The Ravens are going to get rolled this weekend.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Tom Brady's (Fake) Gmail Inbox: Hilarious!
The Texans were embarrassed by the Patriots on MNF, will the same this happen this weekend?
The Wildcard games disappointed for one reason, quarterback play. That will not be a problem this weekend. The marquee quarterbacks are off their bye weeks and are ready to lead their teams onto the field.
Here is a look at the games and my selection of the winners.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="640"] Tom Brady tops the Fantasy PPR 2013 NFL Divisional Playoff Quarterback Rankings.[/caption]
For those of you who are hardcore fantasy football players, the season is not yet over, in fact it is far from over as we enter the Divisional Round of the 2013 NFL Playoffs. Things really heat up this week in...
The New England Patriots are one victory away from going to their sixth Super Bowl in the 12-year period since Tom Brady became the starting quarterback. But standing in the way is one of the Pats' biggest rivals in Baltimore. Here's our first stats-based look at the matchup between the Ravens and Patriots.
* The Ravens and Patriots are two of only six NFL teams with a...
FOXBORO, Mass. — The AFC’s two best teams will be representing the conference at Gillette Stadium next Sunday — at least that’s what Tom Brady believes.
The Patriots quarterback was in good spirits after a 41-28 win over the Texans on Sunday night, and while he closed the book on Houston, he began looking ahead to New England’s next opponent: Baltimore.
The Ravens are headed...
The Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs will pit the #4 seed Baltimore Ravens against the #1 seed Denver Broncos and the #3 seed Houston Texans against the #2 seed New England Patriots. Are we on target for another Peyton Manning versus Tom Brady AFC Championship Game? If the Broncos and Patriots meet for the [...]The post Another Peyton Manning v. Tom Brady AFC Championship Game...
It's Tom Brady; It's J.J. Watt; It's Arian Foster vs. Vince Wilfork; It's Matt Schaub against a young, but inexperienced defense. This game is sure to excite the fans, both at Gillette Stadium, as well as across the country!Who will make the highlight reels? Who will put up the points? Touchdowns and big plays on defense, these two teams are ready to put on a show...
The New England Patriots defense has thrived on takeaways. Their +25 turnover ratio towers over the +12 ratio of the Houston Texans. It's amazing really, considering that the Pats D is often criticized yet they come up big. To this day they still embody the "bend but don't break" defense that they have for years. Boston.com's Zuri Berry recently wrote an article...
Tom Brady was shaky early on, Wes Welker had an uncharacteristic drop, and Rob Gronkowski was nursing an injury that kept him from making any sort of impact. But Sunday night's Patriots' 41-28 AFC divisional-round victory over the Texans wasn't exactly a carbon copy of last year's heartbreaking Super Bowl loss to the Giants.
Quite the contrary, in fact, as the Patriots...
A couple of days ago, I wrote about the Patriots hunger to win and belief in their new and improved team (check it out here). Arguably the most important improvement to this year's New England Patriots team as opposed to last year's Super Bowl Runner-Up team is the presence of a rush offense.At the end of the regular season, the New England Patriots ranked #7 in rushing offense...
With our five writers going each 3-1 last week here is your Divisional Playoff Weekend’s roundtable discussion with Zach Schotz, Eric Huberman, Jason Weingold, Seth Goldberg, and Patrick Keenehan to give you our insight.
1. Choosing out of just the remaining quarterbacks in the playoffs, who would you want in a win or go home situation?
Eric Huberman: In a couple of years this...
Matt Ryan: Oh, hey there Matt Ryan From An Alternate Universe Where Matt Ryan Has Won All The Big Games.
Elite Matt Ryan: How goes it, Choker Matt Ryan?
Matt Ryan: No, I’m regular Matt Ryan.
Elite Matt Ryan: Every version of Matt Ryan thinks it’s the regular Matt Ryan. I used to think I was the regular Matt Ryan. But then I discovered there are an infinite number of universes...