Found December 24, 2012 on
Football Extra Points:
The Texans need to worry about Foster's availability.
Here are my Power Rankings and a quick note about each team.
1) San Francisco - Don't panic after lose in Seattle.
2) Texans - They are solid on both sides of the ball.
3) Patriots - Suspect defense keep them from the top spot.
4) Denver - On the rise, are they a Super Bowl sleeper?
5) Falcons - They need to show me something in the postseason.
6) Seattle - They can't win on the road in the playoffs.
7) Packers - Need defensive players to get healthy and produce.
8) Dallas - They've won some games but they're not going anywhere in the postseason.
9) Bears - They cannot protect Cutler and therefore can't win in the playoffs.
10) Steelers - Injuries have slowed this team.
11) Ravens - They're old on defense and Flacco can't lead them to the Super Bowl.
12) Giants - Too many questions for them to make another run.
13) Colts - Luck has this team in the playoffs, an amazing story that won't end in the Super Bowl.
14) Minnesota - They need more playmakers on offense.
15) Bengals - This is a good young team but still growing.
16) Washington - RG3 has this team winning but they're not a great team.
17) Saints - Amazing offense and no defense.
18) Titans - This team has some talent but have done nothing to bring it all together.
19) Tampa - This is a solid young team growing in the right direction.
20) Carolina - They need a new coach to help Newton grow.
21) Miami - They have a new QB in place.
22) Rams - Fisher gets a few years to put together his team in St. Louis.
23) Oakland - It's the Raiders, not much to say.
24) Lions - Complete disappointment.
25) Bills - Invested in QB and Defense, both busts.
26) Browns - Some young pieces in place.
27) SD - Time for a new Coach.
28) AZ - The worst QB situation in the League.
29) Jets - No organizational direction.
30) Eagles - The Andy Reid era comes to a terrible end.
31) Chiefs - This team is just bad.
32) Jacksonville - Blaine Gabbert is on his way out as a starting QB. This team, and their fans, aren't going anywhere but LA. I don't expect this team to be in Jacksonville in a couple years.
That's the list.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
With week 16 being the championship weekend in many fantasy football leagues, Arian Foster’s name was on the mind’s of the bulk of the football public on Sunday.
Fantasy became harsh reality when word seeped out of Houston’s loss to Minnesota that Foster left the game due to a serious health concern.
Please Click Here To Read This Update
The Texans have a chance to clinch the top seed in the AFC this week.
Now that we're in the last two weeks of the season, the playoff scenarios are starting to come into focus.
Here's a look at the scenarios and my predictions:
AFC - Playoff Scenarios
HOUSTON TEXANS - Playing Minnesota
Houston can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) HOU win...
Texans running back Arian Foster is "back to normal" after a heart scare and expected to play Sunday at Indianapolis.
Foster was forced to leave Sunday's loss to the Vikings due to an irregular heartbeat. On Monday he tweeted: "I appreciate all the concern and support. I am doing well. Saw a cardiologist today and everything is back to normal."
In a strictly proactive move, Houston Texans running back Arian Foster left Sunday’s loss against the Minnesota Viking after experiencing an irregular heartbeat,
Head Coach Gary Kubiak said after the game via ESPN. Kubiak also said that Foster is doing fine and called the move ‘precautionary.’
Foster rushed for 15 yards on 10 carries. He also had two catches for 14 yards...
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Houston Texans running back Arian Foster left today’s game against the Vikings with an irregular heart beat. He claims that he’s OK. Arian Foster left Sunday’s game with irregular heartbeat. He told team he’s ok, prob could’ve played, but Texans played it safe, rested him. — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 23, 2012 We certainly...
Arian Foster and Brooks Reed are both expected to start in Houston’s Week 17 contest against the Indianapolis Colts despite both players leaving Sunday’s game against the Vikings with medical issues, the Houston Chronicle reports. Foster left Sunday’s 23-6 Week 16 loss to Minnesota in the third quarter with an irregular heartbeat. Though doctors said he could have returned...
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster left during the third quarter of the Texans 23-6 loss to the Minnesota Vikings and did not return.
Coach Gary Kubiak said after the game that Foster was suffering from an irregular heartbeat. Doctors told Kubiak Foster could return to the game but he decided to go with backups Ben Tate and Justin Forsett to finish the game.
The Houston Texans blew a chance to clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with Sunday's ugly loss to Minnesota.
They'll get another opportunity to do it in the regular-season finale at Indianapolis next Sunday.
But first, coach Gary Kubiak is looking to correct many problems on his team. The biggest one, he says, is improving on third downs. Houston (12...
It wasn’t supposed to be this way for the Houston Texans.
The team with the best record in the AFC got their hats handed to them in New England, and now they have to deal with the humiliation of getting upset by the Vikings, who not many gave a chance to win this game.
The Vikings keep their playoff hopes, while the Texans were kept from clinching home-field advantage throughout...
Houston Texans linebacker Brooks Reed will return from a
groin injury today against the Minnesota Vikings, reports John McClain of The
Outside linebacker Brooks Reed said after practice Thursday
he’s 100 percent and ready to go. He missed three games with a groin injury
that had been bothering him before it sidelined him in the victory at Detroit
on Nov. 22...
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster sent out a tweet that he is OK a day after leaving Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings with an irregular heartbeat. Foster carried the ball 10 times for 15 yards and made two receptions for 14 yards before exiting in the third quarter after experiencing an irregular heartbeat. Houston lost 23-6. "I appreciate all the concern...
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster left Sunday's game with an irregular heartbeat, but apparently the problem subsided by game's end. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said trainers told him late in the game that Foster could return, according to the Houston Chronicle, but Kubiak decided not to put Foster back in the game. Foster left the stadium before he could be questioned...
HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Texans botched a chance to lock up home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with their worst offensive showing of the season in Sunday's 23-6 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
"Very disappointing because we had a chance to line up here and get something done today," coach Gary Kubiak said. "That doesn't mean we still can'...
Minnesota Vikings (8-6) at Houston Texans (12-2)
The Vikings kept their playoff hopes alive last week, as they are one of many 8-6 teams in the NFC. They are long shot hopes, however. Not only do they not control their own destiny, their final 2 games are against Houston and Green Bay, two of the better teams in the NFL. Making matters worse, the Vikings are in a bad spot trends...