Found February 19, 2013 on NFL Trade Rumors:
ESPN’s Ed Werder reported on this morning’s SportsCenter that impending free agent TE Tony Gonzalez is beginning to “waver” on his plans to retire. “I’m told virtually everyone in the Falcons’ organization has been campaigning for Gonzalez to make one more Super Bowl run,” said Werder, via Rotoworld.com. “And I’m told that he’s beginning to waver. The people who have spoken to him seem to believe that they’re making progress. In fact, one player close to Gonzalez told me ‘I think, if the circumstances are right, that Tony Gonzalez will return.’” The Falcons have said that they’re willing to give Gonzalez as much time as he needs to decide whether or not he’ll be returning for another season. Clearly, he can still play at a very high level in spite of his advanced age. A previous report indicated that other NFL teams could show interest in Gonzalez if he were to return for another season, but it’s doubtful that he would consider playing for anyone other than the Falcons.
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Falcons Free Agent Decision: Lawrence Sidbury

The Falcons are facing a lot of decisions this off-season and that starts with their 14 unrestricted free agents. We will go through them one by one and decide whether or not the Falcons should re-sign them. A lot of times it's not as easy as it looks as some decisions have more than just roster spot implications. We also have to think about the salary cap as it is expected...

Falcons rumors: Atlanta unlikely to use tag on William Moore

The Atlanta Falcons don’t expect to use their franchise tag this offseason, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, and free agent safety William Moore appeared poised to receive the tender. #Falcons are one of the teams NOT expected to franchise anyone, I'm told. Not even S William Moore, tho he's a priority re-sign — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 19, 2013 While...

Report: Tony Gonzalez wavering on retirement

According to ESPN’s Ed Werder, Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonazalez has been wavering on whether he’s going to retire.  One of his teammates believes he may come back for another season. https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/303909457065299968 With how close the Falcons got to the Super Bowl this past season, I got a feeling Gonazalez will play in 2013. Need NFL Tickets...

Tony Gonzalez Could Return To Falcons If Circumstances Are Right

Sure fire Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez always left open a 5% chance he would return in 2013.  Anytime Gonzalez was asked about his impending retirement, his answer was he was always 95% sure his career was finished. Falcons general manager Thomas dimitroff has been hammering away at Gonzalez trying to get him to return for one more season, and thinks it’s 50-50 Gonzalez...

Report: Tony Gonzalez Could Return To Falcons If Circumstances Are Right

Sure fire Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez always left open a 5% chance he would return in 2013.  Anytime Gonzalez was asked about his impending retirement, his answer was he was always 95% sure his career was finished. Falcons general manager Thomas dimitroff has been hammering away at Gonzalez trying to get him to return for one more season, and thinks it’s 50-50 Gonzalez...

2013 PPR Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings: Top 25

  Rob Gronkowski top all tight ends in our 2013 PPR Fantasy Football Rankings. Welcome to the final installment of the FantasyPPR.com way too early PPR Fantasy Football Rankings for the 2013 NFL season. We have already released our rankings for quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers and now it is time to rank the top 25 tight end in point per reception scoring formats for...

Roddy White Wants Dwight Freeney To Sign With Atlanta

Dwight Freeney will have his list of suitors, and Roddy White and the Atlanta Falcons seem to be one of them.  White and his Falcons teammates seem to think they are a playmaker away from the Super Bowl on defense, and White took to twitter today to try to court Freeney. I would love to see Dwight Freeney in a falcon uniform next year I hope that’s not tampering — Roddy White...

Matt Ryan’s New Deal with Atlanta Falcons Will Be Tied to Joe Flacco

It’s a foregone conclusion that at some point in the next six or seventh months the Falcons will sign a long-term extension with quarterback Matt Ryan that makes him one of the highest paid signal callers in the NFL. If the Falcons can get a deal done with Ryan prior to the start of free agency on March 12, it could free up much needed cap space. Ryan is set to count $12 million...

Former Patriot Gives Welker Contract Advice

We all know that Welker and the Patriots have been miles apart on what the salary for Welker should be and now Welker is receiving some advice from an unlikely place. Former Patriots corner back, Asante Samuel, in talking to Artrell Hawkins of the Fox Sports network, had this to say about Welker’s current contract situation: Listening to Asante Samuel's talk w/@artrellhawkins...

Tony Gonzalez Needs to Speak with Chipper Jones

Tony Gonzalez could learn from Chipper Jones When Chipper Jones retired he did it the right way.  He made his decision prior to his last season, had the press conference to let everyone know his intentions, then he played his last season and accepted the accolades and answered all the questions. The Braves organization benefited by Jones’ early decision.  They were able to sell...

Tony Romo has all the leverage needed to get a new contract

With the Dallas Cowboys now $21 million over the current salary cap, they would be smart to give quarterback Tony Romo a cap-friendly contract extension, per ESPN’s Ed Werder. Here’s why Tony Romo has leverage. Cowboys $21M over cap. That’s with Romo counting $16.8M. Cap-friendly deal with QB solves problems — Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) February 19, 2013 Werder doesn’t...
Falcons News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.