Found November 27, 2012 on
Five Tool Tool:
Man Has Places To Go
10) After watching Vinny Curry whiff on a sack in the MNF game, realized that a younger and faster player might eventually learn how not to do that
9) Believe it or not, the Wide Nine hasn't really worked out that well for the Eagles
8) Old, ineffective and expensive isn't the best combination of on 3-8 team
7) Really want to see him finish the year on a contender and actually trying
6) No longer have a need for a guy to run past the ball carrier on his way to a magical spot, ten yards upfield and away from the crowds, where he can be alone with his thought
5) Want to spread out the perp walks over the next two months, so the fan base can savor each one
4) Did not want to see him lead the team in sacks when he's, well, horrible
3) Can't have any behavior problems in the locker room for this all-important stretch drive
2) Like most of the fan base, had mostly forgotten that he was still on the roster, so this is more of a "forgot to ...
BEST OF MAXIM
Don't trust anyone over 30...
At least that adage now applies to Philadelphia Eagles players making more than the veterans' minimum wage.
The purge of expensive older players has begun. Defensive end Jason Babin (age 32) was the first to go.
Babin's, release comes a day after a fairly impressive debut by rookie second...
We found out Nick Foles will be the quarterback at least one more week.
DeSean Jackson could miss the rest of the season.
Jason Avant is better physically than Jackson, but still might be ready this week.
Danny Watkins was not even mentioned and the over and under on a drinking game called “I’ve got to do a beter job” hit the under.
Andy Reid said the same thing, but used different...
IRVING The Philadelphia Eagles cut defensive end Jason Babin on Tuesday, leaving the two-time Pro Bowler available to be claimed by another franchise.
The Jacksonville Jaguars won the claim on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.
When the news of Babin's release began circulating, fans across the league wondered if their favorite team would land the former first-round...
(Image courtesy of Donn Jones Photography)
On Tuesday, the Philadelphia Eagles made a shocking move and announced the released defensive end Jason Babin.
A 32 year-old veteran, Babin (6-3, 267 lbs.) had a breakout season in 2010 as a member of the Titans defensive line and recorded 12.5 sacks. The next offseason, Babin signed with Philly and became a household name when he recorded...
General NewsThe release of starting defensive end Jason Babin is a rather erratic move this late in the season. But the move exposes the fact that the Birds should have made some changes at the defensive end positions and/or elsewhere on the defensive side of the ball much earlier in the season.
There’s talk that the Eagles [...](Read more...)
Jaws is a staunch supporter of tough love. None of this puppy love, dog-gonnit!
The Philadelphia Eagles will place wide receiver DeSean Jackson
on injured reserve after he sustained multiple rib fractures in
Monday night's loss to Carolina.
After being released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday, DE Jason Babin will not play for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Adam Schefter first released the information via his Twitter page. A source close to Babin reported to Ian Rapoport states that there were 8 teams interested in Babin and according to Around the League editor, Greg Rosenthal, only the Kansas City Chiefs...
PHILADELPHIA -- The Carolina Panthers struck for two long touchdown passes in the first half, and their defense came up with a crucial fourth-down stop in the fourth quarter of a 30-22 win over the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night at Lincoln Financial Field. The Panthers (3-8) won despite a big day by Eagles rookie running back Bryce Brown, who rushed for 178 yards. However...