Found March 04, 2013 on
New York Giants
New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots
Now that Joe Flacco is set to be the highest paid NFL player of all time, let’s see if he cracks the list of the top five QBs in the NFL right now…
5. Eli Manning (NYG) - The younger Manning said he was a top five QB two years ago when he only had one Super Bowl victory under his belt. The following season, he won another Super Bowl. Even though he failed to get back to the playoffs this year, Manning is still an elite QB that almost any team who doesn’t have a QB on this list would trade for in a second.
4. Drew Brees (NO) - Brees only has one Super Bowl ring on his resume, but that doesn’t matter. The Saints QB has thrown for more than 4,000 yards in each of the past seven seasons. On top of that, Brees has thrown for 5,000 yards in three of those seasons. New Orleans didn’t make the playoffs this year because Brees can’t be the only player doing well on the team, but with head coach Sean Payton back on the sidelines, Brees will lead the Saints on a long playoff run.
3. Aaron Rodgers (GB) - Rodgers just keeps getting better and better. The Packers’ QB saw his numbers decline from 2011 to 2012 but that was only because almost all of his offensive targets were injured at some point. If it wasn’t for the two QBs ahead of him on this list and Adrian Peterson, Rodgers would’ve been the MVP in my book this season.
2. Peyton Manning (DEN) - The older Manning had four neck surgeries and missed all of the 2011 season. After getting traded to the Broncos, Manning had one of the best seasons of his career. This year, Peyton should be even better after having one full year under his belt following his surgeries. Manning also would’ve made it to the AFC championship game if his coach let him go for a touchdown with 30 seconds left, but that’s besides the point.
1. Tom Brady (NE) - Brady took a pay cut to make his team better, is always among the top five in quarterback statistics like touchdowns and passing yards, and has won three Super Bowls (the most of anyone on this list). New England’s QB had incredible numbers last season that should’ve earned him an MVP award. In the end, Brady is the best QB in the game right now and if he can get one more Super Bowl victory under his belt, he will be in the discussion for the best QB ever.
On the bubble: Ben Roethlisberger , Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan
Follow me on twitter: @MrLauterbachXLJ
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
There is a rumor going around that Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was involved in a car crash.
The team has confirmed that those rumors are FALSE.
Manning was not involved in an accident and is in good health.
Peyton Manning won his seventh NFL 101 Award on Saturday night as AFC offensive player of the year.
The Denver quarterback came back from a neck injury and transitioned to a new team, and had one of his best seasons. He led the Broncos to a 13-3 season and threw for 4,659 yards and 37 touchdowns.
Manning said receiving the award meant a little more to him this year.
They wanted the laser rocket arm Juan…
Peyton Manning shows off his arm for some military troops…maybe they want to employ his laser-rocket arm? Maybe they wanted some Papa Johns? Always good to see athletes giving respect back to the men and women that protect this country.
Peyton Shows Off The Physique
Peyton Gets His Drink On In Hawaii
Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller, inspired by his cousin's recovery form a serious automobile accident, predicted Tuesday that the Broncos would win the Super Bowl next season. You can post this where ever..
In the NFL, and all pro sports, it’s just business. Players say that aloud regularly, and owners and general managers affirm it with paychecks and salary cap moves. Except, maybe, sometimes, it’s not all business — or, it can be the kind of business that lines up pretty well with what the fans like, too. Patriots owner Robert Kraft took less of a business line as he explained...
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will be cashing in big time on his Super Bowl success as he’s about to sign the richest player contract in the history of the NFL. The MVP of this year’s Super Bowl will be paid at least $120.6 million over the next six years. Quarterback Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints is currently the league’s highest-paid player as he takes home...
The rules say someone's gotta go
10) He knows that no other team is going to be all that interested in going to play a game outdoors in New Jersey in February9) Peyton Manning has used up all of his game-ending INTs8) Predicting a first round exit doesn't exactly send the best message7) Wasn't pinned down on what he'd do to make it up to disappointed Bronco fans...
Via Denver Broncos
- The upside of a bionic neck appears to be the ability to fly from one side of the planet to the other without much bother. Saturday morning Denver Bronco’s quarterback Peyton Manning woke up in Germany for the last stop of a USO tour that took him to Italy and Afghanistan and then ended the day in Kansas City to accept his seventh NFL 101 award for the AFC...
In a season where the New Orleans Saints (7-9) were not much of a factor and, got more negative publicity than positive, quarterback Drew Brees had a pretty darn good year. Some might say he had a record-breaking season. Entering week 5 of the 2012 NFL season, the Saints were 0-4 on the season and
Ever wonder if who you root for is really the person they claime to be? Perhaps your favorite player, or coach steps to the podium each week with a wide smile that puts you at ease with who they are, and what they're about, but not everyone is who they make themselves out to be. Each year the NFL builds hype around players and stories that will excite us fans to lean closer towards...
Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers. Those are probably the names that come to mind when you think about who the highest paid quarterback in the NFL is. But the Ravens and Joe Flacco struck a six year, $120 million deal that will make him the highest paid quarterback in NFL history. [...]