Found January 30, 2012 on
1) Introduction: My, what lofty expectations Vic So’oto had for the 2011 season. Coming to the Packers offseason as an undrafted rookie free agent from BYU, So’oto was a converted 4-3 DE who exploded onto the scene during the last preseason game against the Kansas City with 1.5 sacks and an interception against starters who were constantly double teaming him. During the regular season his star faded considerably since he was oft injured and not fast enough for special teams, So’oto was often deactivated in favor of fellow undrafted free agent rookie Jamari Lattimore
Weight: 263 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season for that player: Low; as a undrafted rookie free agent not much was expected from So’oto, though the Kansas City preseason game showed a glimpse of So’oto potential. So’oto figured to see some time in obvious pass rushing situations due to his inexperience in pass defense and s...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Clay Matthews III
1) Introduction: Expectations couldn’t get any higher for Clay Matthews III in 2011; after being the first Packer to record double digit sacks in the first two years, Matthews has been voted into the Pro Bowl every season he has been in the NFL as well as being voted as a All-Pro selection in 2010 and almost bring home defensive player of the year as well. The...
1) Introduction: Despite being the highly touted 5th overall draft pick in the 2006, many have considered Hawk a bust in the sense that he never lived up to his lofty draft status. While a solid player, Hawk never did show much penchant for making the big play and many fans were hopeful that Hawk would be released in the 2011 season. Much to their dismay, the Packers...
1) Introduction: From Super Bowl starter to 3rd stringer, Frank Zombo probably had the worst luck of any member on the Packers team who wasn’t placed on IR. Zombo didn’t even get to the regular season healthy due to a broken scapula during the preseason and the usual bumps and bruises during the regular season cost Zombo playing time after the scapula was mended...
With a $2.2 million dollar roster bonus looming, Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver realizes that that he might not be a member of the Green Bay Packers in 2012, but he has no plans of retiring this year. A fan favorite, Driver could be released by the Packers organization due to his salary and the fact that Green Bay has a stable of young, talented receiver on the current...
GREEN BAY, Wis. It doesn't take a discount double-check to figure out that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is the most marketable player in the NFL right now, but SportsBusiness Daily did the legwork anyway.
The Charlotte-based publication asked 50 corporate brand managers, marketing and branding executives, sports business professors and football media to rank...
The Green Bay Packers are a young, stupid team that just won a Super Bowl. Ted Thompson, being a douche nose, probably takes full credit for all of this and thinks Jiggle-Jowls Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers all did their jobs better because of his generalish managing skills. Thompson was also recognized by Sporting News as the 2011 Executive of the Year, even though he couldn&...
Since Megan and her obvious lack of interest in football insisted on the sparkly nail polish, there will be no trip to Disneyland for Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers. So, the Pro-Bowl Packers are in the second most desirable location for an NFL player, Hawaii. This week is about relaxing and spending time with friends, family and the game on Sunday. Clay Matthews was the...
For the second time in the last five years, Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson has been named Executive of the Year by The Sporting News. Thompson received 14 votes, twice as many as the next closest exec. Voting is done by a panel of 32 coaches and executives.You can read more about this latest award for Thompson here.
Everyone knows that the NFL Pro Bowl is a meaningless exhibition. The only people who watch are kids who don't know any better and gamblers. The game means nothing and the best players would rather sit out than go on a free trip to Hawaii.
Even though it's the most pointless of the professional all-star games, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers still thinks players...
Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins is scheduled to meet with doctors in March to learn how he is recovering from a neck injury, which will determine whether he decides to retire or return next season.
NFC starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers, as well as fellow Packers teammates Greg Jennings, Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson and others face the AFC tonight in the Pro Bowl. Follow the game with our live box score.
Show a little pride. That was the message from Aaron Rodgers to his Pro Bowl teammates, as the Packers' QB was disappointed with their lack of effort in the game.
Aaron Rodgers threw two touchdown passes to jump-start the NFC, but the AFC rolled in second half to a 59-41 victory. Miami's Brandon Marshall was named the MVP with four touchdown catches.