While the Knicks were destroying the Lakers Thursday night, some of you may not have realized there was a football game going on between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Philadelphia Phumbles.
It was not a pretty game. There’s no way to even pretend it was. I hope you didn’t watch it. Especially if you were an Eagles fan.
Halfway through the third quarter, the Eagles actually had the lead, 13-10. Here is the chronological sequence of their offensive plays, starting from a 2nd and 2 inside Bengals’ territory with 9:46 left in the third until 11:32 left in the fourth.
- Eagles 10 yard penalty
- Completed pass for 4 yard loss
- Eagles 5 yard penalty
- Handoff for 2 yard loss
- Interception returned 44 yards (first play)
- Competed pass for 8 yards
- Nick Foles (Eagles QB) fumbles. Bengals returned it 25 yards for a touchdown
- Eagles penalty on kickoff, 1st down at the 9
- Completed pass, receiver fumbles to the Bengals