1. The Steelers must negate the Giants’ pass rush by establishing the run early.
2. The Steelers must use their wide receivers well against a less-than-stellar Giants’ secondary.
3. The Steelers must have at least a two-score lead going into the fourth quarter. Eli Manning is at his best in the fourth quarter with a QB rating of 103.5.
4. The Steelers must find someone to defend Victor Cruz. Cruz has quickly become Eli Manning’s go-to receiver. He’s fast and gets himself open. Ike Taylor will most likely guard Hakeem Nicks. Who’s going to guard Cruz?
5. Ahmad Bradshaw must not be allowed to run free. The Steelers need to take him out of the game early. He’s been known to fumble, so perhaps the defense can take advantage of that.
6. The Steelers must continue to help Mike Adams by using the backs and Heath Miller. The Giants have a fierce pass rush.
7. The Steelers need to keep their starters, especially the linebackers, fresh by rotating their players beginning early in the game.