Found November 03, 2012 on
New York Giants
1. The Steelers must negate the Giants’ pass rush by establishing the run early.
2. The Steelers must use their wide receivers well against a less-than-stellar Giants’ secondary.
3. The Steelers must have at least a two-score lead going into the fourth quarter. Eli Manning is at his best in the fourth quarter with a QB rating of 103.5.
4. The Steelers must find someone to defend Victor Cruz. Cruz has quickly become Eli Manning’s go-to receiver. He’s fast and gets himself open. Ike Taylor will most likely guard Hakeem Nicks. Who’s going to guard Cruz?
5. Ahmad Bradshaw must not be allowed to run free. The Steelers need to take him out of the game early. He’s been known to fumble, so perhaps the defense can take advantage of that.
6. The Steelers must continue to help Mike Adams by using the backs and Heath Miller. The Giants have a fierce pass rush.
7. The Steelers need to keep their starters, especially the linebackers, fresh by rotating their players beginning early in the game.
BEST OF MAXIM
The title of Victor Cruz’s autobiography, Out of the Blue, perfectly describes the saga of the young receiver. After showing signs in his first preseason game against the Jets two years ago, Cruz didn’t break out until last season when he was one of the biggest surprises of not only the season, but maybe in NFL history.
Cruz went on to have a record breaking season for the...
After delivering so many times with late comebacks and big performances, Eli Manning and the New York Giants couldn't provide a happy ending for the storm-ravaged fans who came to see them against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Manning not only came short and looked out of sorts in a 24-20 loss Sunday, his passing statistics were his worst in almost four years. He finished 10 of 24...
Peyton Manning has won four NFL MVP awards. The Denver Broncos quarterback is no stranger to what it takes to win the NFL MVP. In fact, although he did not play a single snap during the 2011 NFL season, which turned out to be his final one with the Indianapolis Colts, many felt as if Manning still deserved a few votes for MVP as it proved just how important he was to his team and...
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- In a game billed as the battle of two first-round quarterbacks from the Class of 2004, the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger outlasted the Giants' Eli Manning by copying Manning's fourth-quarter comeback act to steer Pittsburgh to a 24-20 win over New York at MetLife Stadium. The Giants (6-3) saw their four-game winning streak end, and Manning'...
Eli has had a rough couple of games. In two weeks Eli combined to go 25-53 for 319 yards and two interceptions. Not exactly what you’d call elite. Giants bros are starting to lose patience in their two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback…take @Cheese_Nigga_ for example: “F*ck all you ***** ass salty ass Giants fans. Eli Manning looks like Charizard.”
We even had guys threatening...
CINCINNATI -- Peyton Manning came back from throwing a pair of interceptions in the third quarter to rally the Denver Broncos to a 31-23 victory against the Cincinnati Bengals Sunday afternoon at Paul Brown Stadium. Manning, named the AFC Player of the Month for October, threw a 1-yard touchdown pass to tight end Joel Dreessen with 11:47 left in the fourth quarter for a go-ahead...
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- In a game billed as the battle of two first-round quarterbacks from the Class of 2004, the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger outlasted the Giants' Eli Manning by copying Manning's fourth-quarter comeback act to steer Pittsburgh to a 24-20 win over New York at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. The Steelers (5-3) won their third game in a row, while the Giants...
The winners of three of the past four Super Bowls meet on Sunday at the Meadowlands, as the Pittsburgh Steelers visit the New York Giants.It’s a rare matchup between quarterbacks who have won multiple Super Bowls.In the past 20 seasons, the only such meetings have been between Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger, who have met twice since Roethlisberger won his second ring at the end...
The NFL replacement referees have not been around for over a month, but you wouldn’t have been able to tell that watching Sunday’s Pittsburgh Steelers-New York Giants game.
The Steelers overcame at least two bad calls from the officials to beat the Giants 24-20.
In the second quarter, the Giants were down 7-0 and had a third-and-goal from the two. Eli Manning scrambled after...
On a night where many in New York were still suffering from the after effects of Hurricane Sandy, there were a lucky few that attended a hard fought battle between the New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers. It was a sloppy game by both teams but Pittsburgh managed to pull out a big victory, 24-20.The first quarter was a dud as both teams punted on their first two possessions of...