Marvin and the PBS war room did the nearly impossible: they have elicited praise from the national sports media for their draft. High praise. And they deserve it. From everything we can know at this point, they did an outstanding job, matching need with value with pick after pick.
With all of these great picks to choose from, which one are you most excited about seeing play at PBS in a few short months?
Look through the list of draft picks one more time before making your choice.
- 1.17: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
- 1.27: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
- 2.21: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
- 3.20: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
- 3.31: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
- 4.21: Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
- 5.21: Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa
- 5.31: Marvin Jones, WR, Cal
- 5.32: George Iloka, S, Boise State
- 6.21: Dan Herron, RB, Ohio State
Almost all of these guys have the potential to make the team, and several of them could be starters before long.
Now that you have had nearly a week to get to know all of these guys, which one are you stoked about seeing in a Bengals uniform? Who do you think will make the biggest impact from this draft class? (A legitimate case could be made for at least half of the list, so step up to the keyboard and make the case for your guy.)
The guy that I am most excited to see is Devon Still. The 2011 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, he lives in the opponent’s backfield. I can’t wait to see what he can do while lined up next to Geno Atkins. (If you haven’t watched the highlights of Still posted by Number 1 Fan, do it. I’ve watched it 4 times already, and I am still in awe.)