As was the case last week, it's amazing that some of the more infamous names in our list are making their first appearance in the Dickies countdown this season. It's the first winning quotes for Chris Myers, Joe Theismann, and Michael Irvin. And can you believe Tony Siragusa only had one point coming into this week? Heading into the final week though, it looks like Dick Stockton is in pole position for the Dickies crown. The envelope, please...
T8) "Good start for Ponder and the Vikings offense." - Chris Myers. The start - 2 possesions, 1 first down, 20 yards. (via ccfMRF)
T8) "When his elbow hits, he's down, right?" - Tony Siragusa
T8) "Shaun Sneezam with his second field goal of the day..." - Dick Stockton (via acsteelersfan)
7) "Tony Romo needs to be able to grip the ball with 5 hands" - Michael Irvin (via 4CourtJesters)
6) "They need a 2 point conversion" - Thom Brennaman with the Cardinals trailing by seven. (via kamuifan)
5) "The tie is broken!" - Ron Pitts on an Akers FG. Seattle was winning 17-16 at the time. (via SSReporters)
4) "A penalty flag is thrown. No flag is down on the field." - Joe Buck (via bloggerjustinf)
3) "Look at Tony Tebow right here." - Joe Theismann (via sctvman)
2) "He got injured pulling out" - Phil Simms (via ving323)
1) "This Jets crowd is really in favor of the Jets today" - Tony Siragusa (via sctvman)
Week 16 Top 5 -
1) Dick Stockton 89 pts
2) Phil Simms 62.5 pts
3) Brian Billick 55 pts
4) Jon Gruden 47 pts
5) Chris Berman 39 pts
Others receiving votes - Joe Buck 34 pts, Mike Tirico 28 pts, Al Michaels 15.5, Cris Collinsworth 14 pts, Dave Lapham 14 pts, Jim Mora 14 pts, Tony Siragusa 13 pts, Thom Brennaman 13 pts, Dan Dierdorf 13 pts, Rich Gannon 12 pts, Terry Bradshaw 10 pts, Scott Hanson 10 pts, Jim Nantz 10, Deion Sanders 10, Dan Fouts 8.5 pts, Bob Griese 8.5 pts, Troy Aikman 8 pts, Curt Menefee 8 pts, Joe Theismann 8 pts, Dan Patrick 7 pts, Marv Albert 7 pts, Mike Mayock 6 pts, Ron Pitts 6 pts, Daryl Johnston 5 pts, Marcellus Wiley 5 pts, Tim Ryan 5 pts, Bob Costas 4 pts, Michael Irvin 4 pts, Warren Moon 3 pts, Keyshawn Johnson 3 pts, Chad Pennington 2 pts, Chris Myers 2 pts, Ron Jaworski 1 pt, Rodney Harrison 1 pt.
You can check out the Week 17 NFL announcing schedule later this afternoon.
Like Awful Announcing on Facebook
Follow Awful Announcing on Twitter
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff