Sign up for Yardbarker's daily Top 10 newsletter, the Morning Bark! Customize to get news on your favorite sports and teams.


JUNIOR SEAU RUMORS & GOSSIP

Bill Belichick says Junior Seau is a first ballot Hall of Famer

Darrin Gantt, PFT:With the Patriots camping out in San Diego this week, coach Bill Belichick took a moment to remember one of the city’s sports legends.And while Junior Seau is identified with his time with the Chargers, the parts of four seasons he spent with the Patriots made a lasting impact on Belichick.“I loved Junior and his family,” Belichick said, via Phil Perry of...
Via Patriots Life
17 days ago  |  Discuss

Bill Belichick: Junior Seau Is ‘So Deserving’ Of Hall Of Fame Induction

Junior Seau is a first-time nominee for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2015, and he certainly has New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick’s vote. Seau finished his 20-year career under Belichick with the Patriots from 2006 to 2009. The head coach briefly spoke about the linebacker’s legendary career and tragic death Wednesday during a news conference with the media...
Via NESN.com
18 days ago  |  Discuss

Ty Law, Junior Seau Among Semifinalists For Pro Football Hall Of Fame

The pool of nominees for the 2015 Pro Football Hall of Fame class was trimmed from 113 to 26, and two former New England Patriots made the cut. Cornerback Ty Law and linebacker Junior Seau were among the semifinalists, which were announced Tuesday on NFL Network’s “Gold Jacket Semifinalists” special. There were supposed to be 25 candidates, but a tie resulted in 26. Those...
Via NESN.com
November 19, 2014  |  Discuss

Seau, Warner, Dungy HOF semifinalists

Junior Seau, Kurt Warner and Tony Dungy are among 26 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2015. Seau, who committed suicide in 2012, and Warner are among eight first-year candidates in the balloting. Dungy is in his second year on the ballot. Former general managers Bill Polian and Ron Wolf previously were selected as contributor finalists. Mick Tingelhoff is...
Via AP on Fox
November 18, 2014  |  Discuss

Seau family opts out of settlement

NEW YORK (AP) The family of Junior Seau has opted out of the proposed NFL settlement with former players over concussion-related injuries. The family will continue its wrongful death lawsuit against the league. Seau, a star linebacker for 20 seasons who made 11 Pro Bowls, committed suicide in 2012. ''After careful consideration, the family of the late Junior Seau has decided to...
Via AP on Fox
September 03, 2014  |  Discuss

Junior Seau's family rejects concussion settlement

All-time NFL great Junior Seau passed away at the age of 43 on May 2, 2012 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. For those of us who remember watching the future Hall of Fame play the game of football and understood how he lived life off the field, this came as a tremendous shock.  Once it happened, there were obviously more questions than answers. And that’s where...
Via Sportsnaut
September 03, 2014  |  Discuss

Report: Seau family rejects NFL's concussion settlement

The family of former linebacker Junior Seau, who committed suicide in 2012, will opt out concussion settlement between the NFL and former players, ESPN reported Wednesday. The family's decision means the Seaus will proceed with a wrongful death suit, which alleges the NFL didn't reveal the dangers of football-related head injuries, that they filed against the league in 2013, according...
Via Fox Sports
September 03, 2014  |  Discuss

Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: D.J. Tialavea, TE, Utah State

Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: D.J. Tialavea, TE, Utah State How many teams were recruiting you out of high school? In High School I played Football, basketball, and baseball. My dream was to play baseball in college until Coach Andersen convinced me to come to Utah State. I wasn’t heavily recruited in football. I was mainly […] The post Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview...
Via NFL Draft Diamonds
May 05, 2014  |  Discuss

Seau family objects to NFL's $765M concussion deal

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The family of the late NFL star Junior Seau plans to object to the proposed $765 million settlement of player concussion claims because the fund would not pay wrongful death claims to survivors. Although the players' lawsuits accused the NFL of concealing known concussion risks, there would be no blame assessed as part of the settlement, and no punitive damages...
Via Fox Sports San Diego
January 28, 2014  |  Discuss
MORE STORIES >>


Chargers News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

By clicking "Sign Me Up", you have read and agreed to the Fox Sports Digital Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can opt out at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

10 takeaways from NFL Week 16

Cam Newton calls out 'classless' Panthers fans

Raiola stomps on Bears player's ankle

Bears interested in Jim Harbaugh?

Shanahan to return to 2015?

Browns interested in drafting Mariota?

Mullen wears funny Christmas sweater

RG3 returning to Redskins?

Tom Izzo hot after bad loss

Kings, Nets talking Deron Williams trade

WATCH: DeSean mocks Eagles

Vick: Winston is the future of the NFL

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.