Found June 21, 2012 on
Blue Seat Blogs:
The 2012-2013 schedule was officially release this morning, although it may prove to be meaningless if there’s a work stoppage. It’s also possible that the schedule will need to be re-created from scratch if realignment is part of the new CBA, however the league may choose to wait another year before instituting radical changes.
Nevertheless, here’s a breakdown of the schedule as it currently stands:
- For the second consecutive season, the Rangers will open the season on the road against the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings. The opener is currently scheduled for Friday, October 12th at 10:30 p.m.
- The Blueshirts will again kickoff the year with a lengthy eight-game road trip as Madison Square Garden continues to undergo renovations. New York will visit Los Angeles, San Jose, New Jersey, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Carolina and Ottawa to start the season.
- The home opener is slated for Thursday, November 1st against the Dallas Stars.
- To compensate for the early-season road trip, the Rangers will have several multi-game homestands. Immediately following the eight-game trip New York will play four straight home dates against Dallas, Philadelphia, Ottawa and Minnesota between November 1st and November 8th. They’ll play another four in a row between December 6th and December 12th against Colorado, St. Louis, Tampa Bay and Montreal, before taking a quick trip up to Ottawa and returning home for three more matches against Anaheim, Florida and New Jersey. Three-game homestands are also scheduled for January 22nd through the 31st and March 21st through the 26th. There’s a final four-game homestand between February 14th and the 20th.
- New York is scheduled to play in the second annual “Thanksgiving Showdown” on the road against Boston on Black Friday, November 23rd at 1:00 p.m.
- The Blueshirts are scheduled to play 14 sets of back-to-back games, the same number as last year. The Rangers have enjoyed tremendous success in those situations over the past couple of seasons, going 22-14-8 in the second half of back-to-backs.
- New York has two full weeks off, between December 22nd and the 29th and between January 22nd and the 29th.
- Looking for tough stretches? Well, it doesn’t get much more difficult than the season-opening road trip that begins with visits to the Kings, Sharks and Devils, but a late November stretch @Boston, vs. Philadelphia, vs. Vancouver and @Nashville won’t be a cakewalk either.
- The Blueshirts will close the season with a Saturday matinee at 3:00 p.m. away against the hated Philadelphia Flyers. They’ll play two sets of back-to-backs – on the road against Columbus and Toronto and then home against the Maple Leafs and on the road against Buffalo before the date with Claude Giroux’s club. The April slate – vs. Winnipeg, vs. Pittsburgh, @Columbus, @Toronto, vs. Toronto, @Buffalo and @Philadelphia looks much more manageable than last year’s, should the playoff race come down to the wire.
The month-by-month breakdown:
October: 8 games (all away)
November: 14 games (8 home, 6 away)
December: 12 games (8 home, 4 away)
January: 13 games (6 home, 7 away)
February: 13 games (9 home, 4 away)
March: 15 games (7 home, 8 away)
April: 7 games (3 home, 4 away)
BEST OF MAXIM
Per Larry Brooks, the gap between the Rangers and free agent Brandon Prust is a sizable one:
Though sources stressed that lines of communication remain open and that it is conceivable that Prust could re-sign before July 1, it is believed the difference between the parties is significant — upward of $1 million over the life of a three-year contract.
With ten days until free agency...
The NHL will be holding the first round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft tonight in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where the New York Rangers will have the 28th overall pick.
Below are some of the names, along with their scouting reports, that have popped up in mock drafts around the Internet in connection to the Blueshirts. The Rangers never fail to surprise us in these things, so I wouldn...
The New York Rangers have drafted defenseman Brady Skjei with the 28th overall pick in the first round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Skjei, age 18, is headed to the University of Minnesota to play hockey in the NCAA program next season.
Here is the scouting report according to reelhockeyscouting.com:
Shoots left. Double threat offensive defenseman that is fast through his...
As you all know, the National Hockey League will be holding their annual awards ceremony tonight in Las Vegas, Nevada to officially wrap up the 2011-12 season, which obviously concluded last week with the Los Angeles Kings winning the Stanley Cup. Among the long list of nominees for awards tonight are Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, head coach John Tortorella and captain Ryan...
MSG TO HONOR HENRIK LUNDQVIST WITH SPECIAL PROGRAMMING LINEUP SUNDAY NIGHT Two Hours Featuring the 2011-12 Vezina Trophy Winner Starting Sunday at 8:00 p.m. New York, NY (June 21, 2012) – MSG will congratulate and honor New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist who last night received the 2011-12 Vezina Trophy, awarded annually to the NHL’s [...]
ST. PAUL, Minn. The run on defenseman in Friday's first round of the NHL draft didn't end until it included one Minnesotan.Brady Skjei, a Lakeville native, was selected with the 28th overall pick by the New York Rangers, who lost in the Eastern Conference finals last season. Skjei, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound defenseman, is committed to play next season for the University of Minnesota...
from Larry Brooks of the NY Post, Though Brandon Prust’s first choice is to re-up with the Rangers, and the Blueshirts have keen mutual interest in retaining the impending free agent, it appears there is enough of a gap in the contract negotiations between the parties to make it increasingly likely that the winger will at least test the open market when free agency opens July 1...
The New York Rangers could have dipped into their championship past in the first round of the NHL draft, but instead of reliving history they nabbed puck-moving defenseman Brady Skjei.
With the son of 1994 playoff hero Stephane Matteau available when the Rangers' turn came around at No. 28, New York decided instead to go with Skjei on Friday night in Pittsburgh.
First things first: this is a wish list for players that are realistic targets with the 28th overall pick. Of course I’d prefer Nail Yakupov to anyone on this list, but he’s not coming to New York. Second of all, while these are players that have caught my eye, it will be tough to question any pick the Blueshirts make on Friday night. Gordie Clark and the Rangers’ scouting...
So if you live under a rock/hate the Internet, you are the only person who doesn't know that Staal turned down $60 million over 10 years this week and there were all these ~~~~rumors.
Well, he's gone. For an 8th overall pick this year (hello to Derrick Pouliot--we weren't even sure if we wanted you but okay) and BRANDON SUTTER and some kid named Brian Dumoulin...
The defending Stanley Cup champion (wow, that still feels weird to say) Kings released their 2012-13 schedule on Thursday, and for those wanting to attend the home opener to see the raising of the Stanley Cup banner, mark down Oct. 12 on your calendar.
That is when the Kings are set to open the season, with the New York Rangers as their opponent. The Kings are also scheduled to...
NY Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist, who went 39-18-5 with five shutouts and a 1.97 gaa, won the Vezina Trophy. Henrik thanked owner James Dolan and, ****, don't worry: That never makes it on the...
Full story at Bob's Blitz ~ http://www.bobsblitz.com
Not more really needs to be said other than it is long overdue. Here is the Ranger press release.:
HENRIK LUNDQVIST CAPTURES VEZINA TROPHY
Named to the NHL First All-Star Team; Marian Gaborik Selected to the NHL Second All-Star Team
LAS VEGAS, June 20, 2012 – New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has been named the 2011-12 Vezina Trophy...
check out Tracy Morgan’s skit at the 2012 NHL Awards as the newest member of the New York Rangers. Tracy was spoofing HBO’s 24/7 hockey series, and he did it perfectly. The portion which has Tracy chatting on his phone when Torts was speaking is pure gold. Enjoy.
Article found on: Cosby Sweaters
Hey, it's a thought. Sounds like the kid could really help.