Predators coach Barry Trotz didn’t waiver when asked whether defenseman Seth Jones could be sent back to his junior team for the 2013-14 season.
“Unless we make some deals or something like that I think he’s here for good” Trotz said. “I think that’s our commitment. He’s proven that at this point in time. I don’t see him going anywhere.”
And with that Trotz all but indicated that the Predators’ first-round pick in the 2013 draft and top prospect will be with the team throughout the entire 82-game 2013-14 season. Jones made the final roster cut which was announced Monday. Odds are he probably will play in Nashville’s season opener Thursday at St. Louis.
“Everybody wants to play in the NHL and I have a chance here to do that” Jones said. “(Making the team) is up there with one of the best days in my career so far.
“There has obviously been a lot of them this past summer but I’m very excited to be here and glad I have the opportunity.”
Throughout training camp Jones has sho