Dangle dangle returns tonight. Finally, welcome back Datsyuk. We've missed number 13 more than I expected. Him being in the line-up brings us from being a playoff team into a Cup contender.
Remember this SJ?
Yet, lately, it seems with every good news comes bad. And we have bad news heading into this game.
Franzen experienced back spasms during Friday's practice.
“I don't know what you call it, a strain or something. He spasmed up, not feeling like he can play,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "I don't know what the time line is on something like that.''Not only that but Joey Mac is out as well, with the same freaking thing (back spasms.)
“Mine's a little different than Mule's (Johan Franzen also has back spasms),'' MacDonald said. "Mine's more or less a nerve going down my leg. Kind of concerned about that a little bit. Can't do anything until we get a picture and see how it is.''Great, so that means Pearce is backing up tonight after falling down to the ECHL earlier this season.
Hit the jump for the line-up and stats:
It's at least starting to look like the Red Wings though, rather than the Griffins.
Here's your stats:
Happy fact of the day:
- Since the start of the 1997-98 season, the Detroit Red Wings have won more games (784) than any other team in the NHL. Detroit's678 regular season victories and 106 playoff wins are both tops in the NHL over that span
DETROIT RED WINGS PLAYER NOTES:
- N. Kronwall has tallied 2G-6A-8P in his last 8 games
- P. Datsyuk made NHL debut in Detroit’s season opener on 10/4/01 at SJS
- Zetterberg has recorded 5G-8A-13P in his last 9 games
- Zetterberg recorded first career point in his NHL debut on10/10/02 at SJS, assisting on Sergei Fedorov’s GWG
- H. Zetterberg has registered 8G-11A-19P in 19 games vs Pacific Division teams this season
- V. Filppula has tallied 5G-7A-12P in his last 9 games
- D. Cleary played in his 700th career game and registered his 300th career point (assist) on 11/30/10 at SJS
- T. Holmstrom registered his first career hat trick on 3/18/01 at SJS
- T. Holmstrom's next PPG will tie him with U. Dahlen for 5th place all-time in NHL history amongst Swedish-born players (120)
ALL-TIME RED WINGS HAT TRICKS VS. SHARKS:
- J. Carson vs SJS, Feb. 15, 1992
- R. Sheppard @ SJS, Jan. 6, 1994
- V. Kozlov @ SJS, Jan. 6, 1994
- B. Shanahan vs SJS, Feb. 12, 1997
- T. Holmstrom @ SJS, March 18, 2001
- B. Shanahan @ SJS, October 4, 2001
- M. Schneider @ SJS, November 26, 2005
- *J. Franzen (4) vs SJS, May 6, 2010 *(Playoffs *******)
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff