Found January 13, 2012 on
* The Bradley Central High School Marching Band provided occasional music during the contest.
* This was Colorado Avalanche forward Peter Mueller‘s first game since October 12 and only his fourth game since April 4, 2010. He missed 126 games over the past two and half seasons with a concussion.
* Thursday night was Ryan O’Reilly‘s 200th NHL game.
* Mike Fisher was just 2-for-9 on face-offs in the first period.
* Fisher would finish a miserable 3-for-14.
* Colorado outshot the Preds 15-7 in the opening 20 minutes. Only Jordin Tootoo had more than one shot (2).
* Nashville made things right in the shot department during the second frame. They doubled Colorado’s output, 14-7.
* In the middle of the second, news broke that the Montreal Canadiens had traded forward Mike Cammelleri. After the period expired, it was learned they had dealt him to the Calgary Flames. Just before the third period started, we found out that Rene Bourque was going the other way.
* Brian McGrattan an...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Colorado have activated forward Peter Mueller while placing tough guy Shane O'Brien on injured reserve with a knee injury.Mueller has played in just three games this season after missing all of the 2010-11 campaign recovering from concussion symptoms.The 23-year-old was held without a point during his three-game stint.O'Brien suffered his injury during Saturday's...
Yesterday the Colorado Avalanche got great news on the injury front and for forward Peter Mueller, it was even better news.
Mueller, who has played 18 games since being acquired for Wojtek Wolski, has been activated from IR. He has playing only three games because of a concussion receive from a hit into the boards by former Avalanche defenseman Rob Blake who was then playing for...
NASHVILLE — Here’s is a very polite Peter Mueller talking to Marc Moser after this morning’s skate. Mueller, who has missed the past 41 games with concussion problems, will play right wing on the Paul Stastny-centered line, with TJ Galiardi on the left side, in tonight’s game against the Predators. Mueller seems much, much better than the last time I talked to him, just before...
NASHVILLE — The Avs are giving the Peter Mueller comeback another try. He might play tomorrow night against the Predators.
That story here
Read more of Mike Chambers at the All Things DU Pioneers blog.
Keep tabs with Mike Chambers on Twitter: @MChambersDP
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Avalanche forward Peter Mueller has been activated from injured reserve and might play in Thursday's game against the Nashville Predators.
Itâs a potential snowy Game Night in Smashville as the Predators host the Colorado Avalanche in the completion of a home and home series that saw the Preds win game one in Denver Tuesday night by a score of 4-1. The Avâs are looking to snap a six game losing streak to the Preds and will get a little help as they have activated Peter Mueller off IR, he is expected to play...
Peter Mueller has been activated from IR and is available for Thursday's game against the Nashville Predators.
Shane O'Brien has been placed on IR retroactive to January 7.
Avalanche forward Peter Mueller has been activated from injured reserve and might play in Thursday's game against the Nashville Predators.
NASHVILLE, tenn — — Avalanche forward Peter Mueller will return to action tonight when Colorado plays the Predators at Nashville.
Some NHL thoughts on a Sunday as the midway point of the season passes:B Peter Mueller has guts.
NASHVILLE — Win or lose, Peter Mueller's return to the Avalanche lineup was going to be triumphant.