New York Rangers 3, Nashville Predators 0
Madison Square Garden
January 17, 2012
* Coming into Tuesday’s game, the Rangers were 20-1-1 this season when scoring first.
* Additionally, they were 17-0-2 when leading after two periods.
* Ryan Suter missed the game with an upper-body injury.
* Seeing as how this is his first absence this season, the Predators are 0-1-0 without Suter in the lineup.
* According to NBC Sports Network, Ryan Ellis and Jack Hillen were on the ice for an absurd 2:10 shift when the Rangers scored the first goal of the game. Considering a typical NHL shift is 0:50 or so, it’s no surprise New York was able to take advantage of the exhausted blueliners.
* Likewise on the second Ranger goal. Roman Josi and Nick Spaling were out there for an extended period of time (1:53).
* Predators captain Shea Weber had four shots on goal in the first period. He would finish with five.
* Speaking of shots, it took the Rangers 11:03 to register their first of th...