Found January 18, 2012 on
New York Rangers
New York Rangers 3, Nashville Predators 0
Madison Square Garden
January 17, 2012
* Coming into Tuesday’s game, the Rangers were 20-1-1 this season when scoring first.
* Additionally, they were 17-0-2 when leading after two periods.
* Ryan Suter missed the game with an upper-body injury.
* Seeing as how this is his first absence this season, the Predators are 0-1-0 without Suter in the lineup.
* According to NBC Sports Network, Ryan Ellis and Jack Hillen were on the ice for an absurd 2:10 shift when the Rangers scored the first goal of the game. Considering a typical NHL shift is 0:50 or so, it’s no surprise New York was able to take advantage of the exhausted blueliners.
* Likewise on the second Ranger goal. Roman Josi and Nick Spaling were out there for an extended period of time (1:53).
* Predators captain Shea Weber had four shots on goal in the first period. He would finish with five.
* Speaking of shots, it took the Rangers 11:03 to register their first of th...
BEST OF MAXIM
from Dan Rosen of NHL.com, Nashville defenseman Ryan Suter said Wednesday during a visit to the NHL offices that he will not play Thursday night in Columbus.
Suter, who spoke to NHL.com in the morning, left Monday’s game against the Islanders after the first period and did not play Tuesday against the Rangers. He wouldn’t elaborate on the nature of his injury other than to say...
Shea Weber is the captain of this team and there is nobody in the league (sans a certain Boston Bruins defenseman) with a harder shot. He’s a great all-around player and he leads the Nashville Predators in scoring (32 points). He’s about to become a three time All-Star and he’s a Norris Trophy runner-up.
You know what else he is? More expendable than Ryan Suter.
Nashville Predators defenseman Ryan Suter pronounced himself out for Thursday's contest in Columbus with an undisclosed injury.
The Nashville Predators avoided the proverbial "trap" game on Long Island on Monday afternoon and jumped out to a 3-0 lead before most of the Islander faithful had a chance to get comfortable in their seats.The only negatives to the game were Ryan Suter's re-aggravation to his lower body injury and Pekka Rinne losing a shutout with less than four minutes in the contest...
Photo by Frederick Breedon/Getty Images
After losing 3-0 against the Eastern Conference leading New York Rangers, one thing above all else stood out to the Predator fans eagerly viewing the first nationally televised game of the year for Nashville….the team looked lost.
One individual in particular looked more timid and uncharacteristically out of place: Captain Shea Weber. With...
Even without all-star Ryan Suter, the Predators are a damn good team. A team with balanced scoring. A hard working team. A team with another superstar defenseman in Shea Weber, and a team with good speed, and an outstanding coach. The Predators are very similar to the New York Rangers…without the budget. That budget, though, did not really help the Rangers at all, as the...
Nashville Predators center Mike Fisher, along with rookie Craig Smith and Head Coach Barry Trotz, took part in a Preds roundtable with NHL Network’s EJ Hradek on Wednesday.
Fisher then caught up with NHL.com’s Dan Rosen (who had some great stuff about Suter and Weber yesterday, by the way) inside the NHL Store in New York City.
Last but not lease, defenseman Shea Weber and...
6:30 PM CT – Predators (26-15-4) @ Rangers (28-11-4)Players to watch:NSH- Shea WeberWith Ryan Suter likely out, the onus will be on the defense to step up collectively. Look for Weber’s ice-time to be in the 28-30 minute range.NYR- Brad RichardsRichards has gone pointless over the last four games, but has 23 points in 20 career games vs. Nashville.Starting goaltenders:NSH- Pekka...
The Nashville Predators visited Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night in the second game of back-to-back contests, losing to the New York Rangers 3-0. The loss ended Nashville’s five-game winning streak.
Henrik Lundqvist picked up the his third shutout of the season for the League-leading Rangers, stopping all 27 shots on goal from Nashville.
Anders Linback picked up the loss...