from Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider,
I’ll have the full transcript of the Dean Lombardi conference call shortly, but here are the highlights…
– Talks with the Blue Jackets started “heating up” about a week ago.
– Lombardi said he understands that taking on Carter’s big contract is a risk, but feels it is worth it.
– Carter will have to do an extensive physical. The Kings hope he will be able to play on Saturday, but aren’t certain.
– Lombardi said that in terms of potential trades beyond this, he has “absolutely nothing” right now but said he will be open to talks.
– Lombardi said the questions about Carter’s character have been overblown.
continued and if you wish to listent to the press conference, you can do so below. Many media members mentioned the conference was one entertaining.
Continue reading "Lombardi On the Carter Trade"