Found December 05, 2011 on
- With all the possibilities for realignment that have been bandied about over the last few months, Tab Bamford has what Elliotte Friedman called most likely on Saturday night. It features 16 teams in the West that would allow an easy shift if Phoenix moves east. Friedman has more today with his Thirty Thoughts. Kevin Allen adds his own spin.
- David Boclair unearthed the frustration of the Predators' top defensmen of all the off pairings being called on Saturday night against Buffalo.
- Defense was supposed to be the Predators strength, now it's the problem.
- Mike Finazzo points to the Predators upcoming home game stretch as a cure for their recent problems but with the loss on Saturday, the Preds home record now stands at 4-4-3.
- Fifteen years in fifteen days continues for Bridgestone Arena with a look at 2000 and 2001.
- Dirk Hoag named Anders Lindback the "Hero of the Week" and has a ton of morning links today.
- Predator Nation is still waiting for the other shoe to drop to see if there is a suspension or fine for his hit on Ryan Miller but Toots spent the day on Sunday raising money for kids who wouldn't have Christmas otherwise. Here's a video from Channel 2 from last night.
Today is the day for the Board of Governors to "fish or cut bait" in the NHL realignment discussions. Dan Rosen from NHL.com has the latest
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass
BEST OF MAXIM
Austin Watson, the Nashville Predators’ first round pick in 2010, has made the 2012 U.S. National Junior Team preliminary roster. If he sticks, it’ll be Watson’s first experience in World Junior Championship competition.
The Ann Arbor, Michigan native plays for the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League. Watson has tallied 28 points in 28 games so far this season...
It’s no secret that Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne isn’t playing his best hockey right now. He hasn’t recorded a win in his last six starts and boasts an .872 save percentage in that time. Rinne believes this is just a bump in the road in a long season.“I’m just staying positive and working hard,” he said on Monday. “There are no magic tricks (to get back on track...
The big story of the last 24 hours was realignment. Here is a variety of posts from Nashville about the new line-up... Ryan Porth, Robby Stanley, Paul McCann, Dirk Hoag, Fang Faction, and the Tennessean.A ticket tax is being considered to fund Bridgestone Arena renovations and have the patrons fund the projects, much like what is happening at LP Field.Jim Diamond has a nice feature...
At 15:54 of the second period, Jordin Tootoo barreled into Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller, and eleven players were involved in an ensuing scrum. Miller is just coming off a concussion, suffered when he got run over by Boston's Milan Lucic three weeks ago. Tootoo got a major for charging and game misconduct. Here is the video (courtesy On the Forecheck), with audio from Tootoo...
The National Hockey League has suspended Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo two games for his hit on Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller.
The incident took place during Buffalo’s 3-2 win on Saturday night inside Bridgestone Arena.
The maximum suspension Tootoo could’ve received was five games, per league rules. If a player facing disciplinary action has a hearing with...
Last night's game between Buffalo and Nashville was a typical 2-0 defensive snoozer for the sold out Bridgestone Arena crowd until late in the second period when Jordin Tootoo collided with Ryan Miller and brought the crowd and both teams to life.Probably at some point later today, Brendan Shanahan will review the matter and decide if it was a "hockey play" as...
Predators defenseman Ryan Suter previews tonight's contest with the Phoenix Coyotes...
On Monday, the NHL announced a new plan for realignment that features four conferences and eliminates the six current divisions that are in place. The plan is set to make up for the move of The Winnipeg Jets (from Atlanta last offseason) and create conferences that make sense geographically. This new realignment could be set into motion as soon as next season.
Under the proposed...
Jordin Tootoo hits Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres at Nashville Predators game on Dec 3, 2011. Jordin Tootoo received a charging major and game misconduct. Paul Gaustad received a double roughing and misconduct. via http://www.hockeyfights.comLindy Ruff Post Game Rant - Sabres vs Predators - Dec 3, 2011 (HD)
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)
After Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo charged into Ryan Miller on Saturday night, Buffalo Sabres Head Coach Lindy Ruff opined after the game that he believed it was "open season" on goaltenders.
(Keep in mind that Tootoo was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct on Saturday.)
Here was his team's No. 1 netminder getting run into again...
via TSN, 15:54 Nashville Jordin Tootoo: 5 minutes, charging
15:54 Nashville Jordin Tootoo: 10 minutes, game misconduct
15:54 Buffalo Paul Gaustad: 2 minutes, roughing
15:54 Buffalo Paul Gaustad: 2 minutes, roughing
15:54 Buffalo Paul Gaustad: 10 minutes, misconduct
Photo Credit: John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images
The Nashville Predators and the Phoenix Coyotes have met twice this year splitting the series. The first meeting was on Nashville ice where the Coyotes took the Predators to the woodshed in a 5-2 victory. Nashville exacted some revenge by beating the Coyotes in Glendale by a score of 3-0.
The Coyotes are also coming on the tail-end...
After blowing a three-goal lead last night, the Phoenix Coyotes were able to recover and squeak out a shootout victory. Dave Tippett hopes his club has something left in the tank tonight for a meeting with the Nashville Predators.