Found January 23, 2012 on
New Jersey Devils
St. Louis Blues
• Hall of Famer Paul Coffey shills hot specialty beverages. [Reddit Hockey]
• How serious are the New Jersey Devils' financial troubles? They're on track lose $20 million this season, they might need the NHL to advance them some money for payroll, and they might trade Zach Parise for draft picks to free up some money. [The Fourth Period]
• Inside Alex Ovechkin's $4.2 million monster house, which features "5 bedrooms, 7.5 bathrooms, and a massive 11,000 square feet of space." Finally, a house where, if 5 guests are concurrently occupying bathrooms, there are still two and a half bathrooms available for emergencies. [Business Insider]
• Manny Malhotra just got Keslurked. By Ryan Kesler's baby. [PITB]
• Your companion to this week's Hockey Hugs: the One Sad Hockey player tumblr, which focuses not on the hug, but the guy excluded from it. It's a real downer. [One Sad Hockey Player]
• It hasn't been the best season for the Buffalo Sabres, but at ...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Alex Ovechkin is skipping the NHL All-Star game, announcing that decision a day after getting a three-game suspension from the league for a hit on an opponent.
The Washington Capitals' captain is a two-time league MVP.
He was suspended for launching himself to hit Pittsburgh defenseman Zbynek Michalek during Washington's 4-3 overtime loss to the Penguins on Sunday. No penalty...
It's a Tuesday edition of Marek vs. Wyshynski beginning at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT, and we're talking about the following and more:
Special Guest Stars: Dave Zirin, author and expert on sports and politics joins us to talk Timmy's White House no-show.
• In which Marek and Wysh discuss Alex Ovechkin's decision to skip All-Star Game.
• Some, ahem, creative interpretations...
The NHL will go ahead with one of its signature events without one of its signature players, as Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin will skip this weekend's All-Star Game and festivities in Ottawa. A day earlier, the league suspended him three games for a hit on Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Zbynek ...
Alex Ovechkin, the Capitals captain and one of the N.H.L.'s biggest stars players, announced that he would skip the All-Star Game because he was suspended three games for an illegal check Monday.
I don't like this hit one bit. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it looks like Alex Ovechkin left his feet to hit Zbynek Michalek with a hit to the head. There is no logical reason to allow these types of dirty, dangerous hits.
So doe the NHL have the intestinal fortitude to suspend for...
Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin has been suspended for three games for a charging incident in which he launched himself to hit Pittsburgh defenseman Zbynek Michalek during Sunday's 4-3 overtime loss to the Penguins. The incident occurred at 4:05 of the second period. No penalty was assessed on the play.
Pittsburgh Penguins forward James Neal will replace Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin in the NHL All-Star game on Sunday.
Dan Steinberg , Tarik El-Bashir and Adam Kilgore joined Jonathan Forsythe on this week’s webcast to discuss the firing of Wizards head coach Flip Saunders, Alex Ovechkin’s suspension and All-Star game decision, and the latest Prince Fielder rumors.
Read full article >>
A day after visiting the White House the Boston Bruins get back to business when they meet the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center in NHL betting action on Tuesday night.
Washington has a solid 17-6-1 record at home, but Boston is no slouch on the road and has compiled a 15-6-0 record away from TD Garden this season.
As well, the Capitals will be skating...
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones debate whether the skipping of the NHL All-Star game by Washington's Alex Ovechkin is a good idea, and what it means to the NHL and its fans. (NBC Sports)
I watched this game in Plymouth, Mass. in a house full of Pats fans, and thus segued immediately from Pens/Caps into football, which apparently throws off my whole recapping reflex because even though I still believe that football is the Inferior Sport, that was a pretty ******* LOLtacular display of playoff football.
ANYWAY, DID YOU KNOW (A FORMAL LIST:
Kris Letang's hair...