Found April 03, 2012 on
Here are the top five stories from Bloggers’ Row and beyond for April 3.
1. Tonight is the second to last home game of Nashville’s regular season, as the Predators take on the Minnesota Wild at Bridgestone Arena. Amanda DiPaolo of Inside Smashville and Ryan Porth of Smashville 24/7 each have previews.
2. With 3 games left, the Predators sit 1 point back of Detroit for the final “home-ice-advantage” spot in the first round. Nashville has 98 points, which ties them with Chicago (but the Predators have a game-in-hand) and leaves them one point behind the Red Wings. Robby Stanley has an update on the Predators’ quest for the fourth-place spot in the Western Conference.
3. Amanda DiPaolo caught up with several Predators players to find out the team’s mindset heading into tonight’s game against the Wild. The common theme appears to be the team’s focus on taking their game plan to the Wild and not the other way around. At 4-5-1 in their last 10, it would not be farfetched to assume that in many of those games, the Predators have been forced to play to the other team’s will.
4. Meanwhile, Ryan Porth caught up with Paul Gaustad to discuss his faceoff performance. Gaustad admits to watching video in order to prepare for his various faceoff opponents. Ryan also spoke to Barry Trotz and Nick Spaling about “Goose”.
5. Yesterday, Dirk Hoag at On the Forecheck continued his “Stories of the Season” series. This edition focused on the late comeback at Columbus on December 8 and the stories from Amanda DiPaolo, Ryan Porth and The View From 111′s Mark Willoughby. It did not focus on the $40 cab ride to locate a Skyline Chili before the game, however.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
NASHVILLE As the story goes, Pekka Rinne played so rarely back in his native Finland that the Predators' scout who found him based his opinions solely on what he saw in warm-ups.
The Predators drafted the goalie in 2004 four years after he became eligible, meaning that for four years no other team saw anything in him that made him worth gambling a pick on, even in the eighth...
With the Cincinnati Cyclones’ ECHL season over, the Nashville Predators have elected to call up goaltender prospect Chet Pickard.
Don’t read too much into this move, however. If they wanted to get Pickard playing time, they would have assigned him to the AHL Milwaukee Admirals. Instead, they called him up to the big club so that the 2008 first round pick can work closer with...
The Nashville Predators are in a three-way battle for fourth place in the Western Conference standings with Detroit and Chicago. With fourth place comes home ice advantage during the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Some Predators admit to watching scores from around the Central Division
On Tuesday night, Nashville’s 2-1 shootout win over the Minnesota Wild temporarily...
The playoffs are almost here and Smashville can feel it. It's time for winning playoff hockey to be played.
On Tuesday night, the Nashville Predators played well enough defensively to escape from the Minnesota Wild with a 2-1 victory, which means two much-needed points in the standings. Nashville is currently playing a game of back-and-forth with Detroit and Chicago for the...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Alexander Radulov scored the lone goal in the shootout, and the Nashville Predators edged the Minnesota Wild 2-1 Tuesday night to reach 100 points for the second time in three seasons.
The Predators, who have two games left, moved back into fourth place in the Western Conference -- one point over idle Detroit and two over Chicago. Detroit will finish the...
From the Milwaukee Admirals:
ADS START ROAD SWING ON RIGHT FOOT
Wilson Scores Two, Smith Earns Shutout in Win
Charlotte, NC–Goalie Jeremy Smith stopped 31 shots for his fifth shutout of the season and Kyle Wilson scored twice to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 4-0 win over the Charlotte Checkers Tuesday in Charlotte, NC.
Smith stopped 13 shots in the first period, ten in the second...
The Nashville Predators have assigned Chet Pickard to the NHL. Pickard will back-up Anders Lindback, Tuesday night. Pekka Rinne is sick, per Joshua Cooper. Here is the Press Release.Nashville, Tenn. (April 3, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that goaltender Chet Pickard (CHEHT PIH-kuhrd) has been assigned to...
The Minnesota Wild have won three straight games against teams looking to better their seeding in the upcoming Stanley Cup playoffs.
The Wild has played the role of spoiler in the last three games.
Predators forward Patric Hornqvist says as long as Nashville sticks to playing its own game, the Predators should come away with two points.
“We just have to out-work them. We need a...
By Seth Lake
Heading into their final three games of the regular season in the midst of a fight for the fourth seed in the Western Conference and home-ice advantage in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs beginning next week, the Nashville Predators took to the ice at Bridgestone Arena on Tuesday night facing a Minnesota Wild club that had fallen out of the playoff race, but...
Before I get to my Monday morning rant, a quick playoff update. The Predators still have the 4 or 5 seed in their control, by winning out, they finish with 104 points, the best Chicago can do is 102.
OK, I do not get it. Why do we feel the need to attack the very thing that we love? I am really getting tired of the complaining going on about playoff seeding. This system has been...
The top five stories from Bloggers’ Row and beyond for April 4.
1. Last night, the Predators reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in franchise history with their 2-1 win over the Minnesota Wild. Amanda DiPaolo of Inside Smashville caught up with Nashville’s lone goal scorer Gabriel Bourque after the game, Hockey Night in Nashville’s Robby Stanley talked to Craig...
The Nashville Predators' spot in the postseason is secure, but their recent spotty play means they won't want to take their final regular-season games lightly.
The Minnesota Wild are out of contention, but relishing their role as a spoiler.
Possibly needing to win its final three games for a chance at home-ice advantage in the first round, Nashville on Tuesday night will...
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Mike Strasinger
With 4th place on the line over the course of the current week, Nashville knew they couldn’t afford a loss if they wanted to secure home-ice advantage in at least the first round of the playoffs.
With Pekka Rinne apparently under the weather per multiple reports, it would be Anders Lindback that would have to navigate the ship for the Predators...
Here are the top five stories from Bloggers’ Row and beyond for April 2.
1. On Saturday night, Nashville pulled off an epic 4-goal comeback against Chicago, only to be thwarted in the end when Brent Seabrook scored a little over a minute later. The Blackhawks clinched a playoff spot, while the Predators fell to fifth. All of Bloggers’ Row had game stories, including Amanda DiPaolo...
Pavel Datsyuk confronts Paul Gaustad and Ryan Suter on March 30, 2012 at Joe Louis Arena
By Rhys Richards (@RREsq)
Last Tuesday, the Detroit Red Wings and their fans celebrated the 15th anniversary of the team’s brawl with the Colorado Avalanche at Joe Louis Arena with a 7-2 drubbing of the Columbus Blue Jackets at home. That famous bloodbath pitted Igor Larionov against Peter...