Found December 16, 2011 on
Michael Del Zotto
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
1) The Rangers don’t usually get out hit and outmuscled, but they sure did in the first period and they definitely did on the first goal … even if there was an illegal pick there. I thought they lost about four physical battles on that shift.
2) And from there, the beat went on. The Blues won a huge majority of the battles all night long. And, yes Ryan Callahan, that’s why they didn’t create offense or draw penalties.
3) Quite a combo by coach Hitchcock: Pressure the puck in the offensive zone, then drop into the dreaded trap, then pressure in the defensive zone. That’s the gameplan for a lot of teams but Hitch’s team sure executes it. (um, didn’t he practically beg to be hired by the Rangers once upon a time?).
4) To combat that, you can’t carry the puck through the neutral zone, and you surely can’t turn it over at either blue line. How many times did Artem Anisimov commit turnovers or fail to clear the puck—one of which led to the fluky third goal? And Derek ...
BEST OF MAXIM
This all occurred a few weeks ago, but it’s the first time I have seen it reported on, so there you go. Also: Kate Upton. Duh. According to a report from the New York Daily News, New York Rangers pest Sean Avery got into a bit of a Twitter back and forth with gorgeous supermodel [...]
According to Dan Martin of the NY Post, Sean Avery feels that he is still valuable to this team: “I know I can help.” Martin also reported that Avery feels nothing much will change John Tortorella’s mind when it comes to dressing Sean again. …And here we go with the “woe is Avery” conversation again. [...]
Dan Martin at the New York Post has these quotes from Sean Avery responding to his two straight healthy scratches..."It's definitely more frustrating," Avery told the Post. "I know I can help."It's not easy, but it's part of the job have (sic) and you have to deal with it. I want the guys to play well regardless of who is in the lineup, but it'...
ST. LOUIS -- Sean Avery has given up trying to figure out when he’ll play again for the Rangers, but he admits sitting while the team played two of its ugliest games of the season the past five days has been particularly difficult.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery...
PHOENIX — Sean Avery has given up trying to figure out when he will play again for the Rangers, but he admits sitting while the team played two of its ugliest games of the season the past five days has been particularly difficult.
“It’s definitely more frustrating,” Avery told The...
Over the past few weeks, I’ve pondered writing about a variety of topics, namely realignment, Sean Avery, and no-touch icing. But it’s hard to get off the concussion train, especially when you consider how many premier players are sidelined with head injuries right now.
Even the most passionate hockey fan would be hard-pressed to remember a time when so many stars were out...
Most NHL players will be more than happy to tell you how much of a pest Sean Avery is. It looks one of the league's biggest pains in the neck may have bitten off more than he can chew with his latest antics. The New York Daily News points out that the Rangers forward's latest instance of chirping is directed at supermodel Kate Upton, of all people. Upton recently attended...
Pat Leonard at the Daily News reports that Sean Avery, who goes by the handle @imseanavery on Twitter, recently pestered 19-year old bombshell model Kate Upton on the social media site after she attended the Rangers game against the Penguins on Nov. 29... @KateUpton since u couldn't stop looking @HLundqvist30 last night now u can follow him.......#sorryhesmarriedTo which she...
Things got a bit testy on Twitter after Rangers left winger Sean Avery and certified dime-piece super-model Kate Upton traded shots after she attended a recent Blueshirts game.
Avery noticed the 19-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model in the stands and later tweeted: "@KateUpton since u couldn’t stop looking @HLundqvist30 last night now u can follow him..........
Kate Upton is a Rangers fan, and she attended their November 28th game against the Penguins. She apparently spent some time checking out goalie Henrik Lundqvist, because Sean Avery mentioned it over Twitter after the game. Avery, known throughout the NHL for being a “pest,” tweeted a jab at Upton earlier this month. “Since u [...]
• Um: Kate Upton pokes Sean Avery
• UK fan & Playboy chick trampled by IU fans
• Suh storms off radio set because of THIS!
• Twitpic Theater: Naked chicks in Hef’s pool
• Aaron Rodgers addresses drug tests, the Whizinator
• Vanessa Hudgens Appreciation Day: 68 sexy pics!
• Jennifer Garner walking around L.A. with her fly down
• 10 Beers You Drunk Assholes...
(Ed. Note: This review contains spoilers.)
The trickiest thing about documentary filmmaking is establishing a narrative without forcing it. HBO hit the jackpot in the first season of its "24/7" take on the National Hockey League: The Washington Capitals were in the midst of a terrible losing streak while the Pittsburgh Penguins were at the top of the conference in 2010...