1) Yay! Skills competition. Pretty serious lack of skills in this one. Brad Richards lost the puck at center ice, and the winning goal was a complete whiff.
2) The Rangers shouldn’t fight the opponent’s goons unless it’s absolutely necessary. So far they have had two staged fights, and each was against the opposition knucklehead. There’s no need for it, it serves no purpose, has no effect on the game, and since the Rangers don’t have a heavyweight, why bother? You’re only begging for a needless injury.
3) Look at the bright side. In the Bettman Hockey League where there are no ties and losses aren’t all losses, the Rangers are undefeated.
4) Dan (Block Ness) Girardi was mostly fabulous in the two games in Stockholm, taking major minutes against some really good opposing forwards.
5) Good gosh were these games awful to watch. Actually not bad 5-on-5, but so little of it was 5-on-5. The Rangers need to quickly make sure more of the game is 5-on-5 by not taking the ...