Although the Rangers are only two games deep into the 2011-12 season, they already have several players on the NHL's leaderboard in multiple categories. Here are some of those stats for you to entertain yourself with while watching afternoon football...
- Ryan Callahan is currently third in the league in hits with 9, while Michael Del Zotto ranks ninth with 7.
- Callahan also leads the league in shots with 13; one more than the second place Marian Hossa.
- Dan Girardi leads the NHL in the shifts per game category with 38, and Ryan McDonagh is third in the league in that same category with 35.5. Girardi and McDonagh are both also in the top ten in minutes per game as well.
- Brandon Dubinsky finds himself third in the league in penalty minutes with 18.
- As a team, the Rangers have the eighth best penalty-kill in the league.
- Here's a new one: the Rangers rank third in the league in faceoff percentage. As we know, faceoffs were a big struggle for this team last year, so it's good to see that improving just two games in.
Some of these stats may not be all that impressive since we are only two games in, but if they can be maintained, then that's certainly something to brag about.