Roberto Luongo is still open to a trade no matter how long it takes the Vancouver Canucks to deal him.
The star goalie returned to the ice for an informal workout with his Canucks teammates on Friday while facing an uncertain future.
Luongo was displaced as Vancouver's No. 1 netminder by Cory Schneider in last year's playoffs. After the season, Luongo said he would waive his no-trade clause if asked, but general manager Mike Gillis couldn't swing a deal before the 113-day NHL lockout began in September.
''I told (Gillis) I was ready to go as long as it took,'' Luongo said. ''Whether it's a couple days, next week, two weeks, at the end of the season, it's totally fine with me.''
Luongo has long been rumored to be headed to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Trades are prohibited until players have ratified the proposed new collective bargaining agreement, which is expected to happen on Saturday. Training camps would then likely open on Su...