Posted June 23, 2012 on
AP on Fox
The San Jose Sharks have agreed to terms on a three-year contract with newly acquired defenseman Brad Stuart that will prevent him from becoming a free agent.
General manager Doug Wilson said Saturday that the length and amount have been agreed to and the only holdup is submitting the contract to the league for approval.
The Sharks acquired the rights to Stuart earlier this month from Detroit for pending free agent Andrew Murray and a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2014.
Stuart had made clear that he wanted to be closer to his family, which still lives in San Jose. He had had six goals and 15 assists in 81 games last season for Detroit.
BEST OF MAXIM
The San Jose Sharks have drafted center Tomas Hertl of the Czech Republic with the 17th pick in the first round.
The Sharks used a first-round pick in Friday night's draft for just the second time in the past five years. They traded last year's pick to Minnesota during the draft to acquire defenseman Brent Burns.
The 19-year-old Hertl was rated as the fifth-best European...
The deal was “all but done” almost four days ago, and tonight, Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz reports that Brad Stuart is officially, officially a San Jose Shark:
The Sharks have agreed to terms on a three-year deal with defenseman Brad Stuart, Sharks GM Doug Wilson exclusively told CSNCalifornia.com. Terms were not disclosed but reports say the deal is worth $3.6...