Ever since I launched Puckrant.com, I've been paying close attention to the Edmonton Oilers Fan Page on Twitter. There's plenty of interesting conversation that goes on there.
Today, reader Vernon Myles asked an interesting question: If you're the Oilers, would you give up the third overall pick and Nail Yakupov to Florida to pick first overall? Or do you keep the third pick and select Leon Draisaitl?
I'd like to add to his questions, because I think the situation is more complicated than this.
1. Does Nail Yakupov actually want out?
2. How much do people believe Yakupov will be better next season (or in the future)?
3. How much difference in quality as prospects is there between Aaron Ekblad, Sam Reinhart, Sam Bennett and Leon Draisaitl?
4. Could the Oilers possibly deal down instead, so they could gain an asset plus, let's say, power-forward Nick Ritchie?
5. How do Oilers scouts have the top prospects ranked?
6. Do they feel they'd need to t...