As the final games of the regular season fade away the Canucks bandwagon has begun to fill in anticipation of another epic Stanley Cup playoff run.
With two weeks to go before the NHL’s second season kicks off, fans from all walks of life have begun to keep a closer eye on their hockey club. Spring is in the air, and playoff hockey is about to hit the streets.
With that in mind, considering the following a friendly guide for Canucks fans who frequent the digital domains of the team they love.
The Top 50 #Canucks friends to follow on Twitter – every day this week at NWSB we will post 10 of the top 50 follows within #Canucks nation in no particular order.
Social Media: Canucks
Notice someone important (like yourself?) not on the list?
Add your honourable mentions in the comments section and they might just make the cut for a follow-up post.
Today’s opening 10 focuses on a handful of the best mainstream media follows for #Canucks fans.
No hard feelings to those I’ve missed.
The honourable mentions await.
50. For information directly from the team itself follow the Canucks’ official account.
“I feel like I’m back where I want to be.” – Luongo in this #NHL Game Preview: t.co/Hi2CNS01
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) March 26, 2012
49. For game-day updates and interaction follow Sportsnet’s reporter dedicated to the Canucks.
Looks like only change for #canucks is Gragnani in for Rome (lower body).
— Dan Murphy (@sportsnetmurph) March 26, 2012
48. For team updates, discussion and tons of online interaction follow The Province beat writer below.
Henrik is happy not winning by threeOr 4 goals b/c of the expectations it creates. Captain can spin.
— Jason Botchford (@botchford) March 25, 2012
47. For team updates and quotes straight from the source follow another professional from The Province.
Henrik Sedin when asked by Sun’s @ElliottPap whether team requested he not comment on Daniel’s health: “Yeah, Danny did.”
— Gordon McIntyre (@gmacsports) March 26, 2012
The Vancouver Sun’s @ElliottPap is also a worthy MSM follow.
46. For Canucks discussion and links from all around the sports world follow The Province’s sports editor below.
Sick stuff from @steveinthekt … Kevin Bieksa “Embarassed” by Canucks Fans’ Energy– A Season Ticket Holder Responds. t.co/7DlaoekW
— Jonathan McDonald (@jonnymac68) March 15, 2012
45. For Canucks info, insight and occasional opinion, follow one of the Vancouver Sun’s veteran writers who has been covering the team for over 10 years.
Myers-Gomez, Doan-Benn, Keith-Sedin: minors from refs, then suspensions from NHL. Hopefully, some are embarrassed by this.
— Iain MacIntyre (@imacVanSun) March 23, 2012
44. For team news, links and occasional Canucks chatter follow The Province’s writer turned radio man.
From a broken collarbone against Bruins to a guard posted at Boston hospital, Ebbett ready to return to strange season. t.co/3Uu0A6C4
— Ben Kuzma (@benkuzma) March 25, 2012
43. For Canucks news, links and cynical wit follow this columnist from The Province.
Henrik’s gone rogue here. I swear I heard him say yippie ah yeah m—f—-er when he dumped Crawford.
— Ed Willes (@willesonsports) March 22, 2012
42. For lineup changes, injury updates and more follow another Province writer covering the Canucks.
#Canucks Rome hit by Hunwick midway through first, didn’t play after, team says won’t return, lower body injury.
— Jim Jamieson (@JamiesonCanucks) March 25, 2012
41. For unparalleled Canucks related statistics follow this master stat-man from Team 1040, he even writes for a Canucks blog, too.
Bieksa’s closed gap on Edler to 3 pts in #Canucks d-man scoring derby. Edler (45) led Bieksa (42) by 10 at start of February
— Jeff Paterson (@patersonjeff) March 25, 2012
40. For news, notes and more Canucks info follow TSN’s local broadcaster.
Willie Mitchell says the league got it right with the 5 games for Keith. He also thinks Daniel should have been suspended for his hit
— Farhan Lalji (@FarhanLaljiTSN) March 26, 2012
Have I missed someone important that you think Canucks fans should follow? Hit us up in the comments section or send an angry tweet our way to add another account to the upcoming honourable mentions list.
“We Are All #Canucks on Twitter” post coming soon to @NWSportsbeat – Your must-follows during this year’s Stanley Cup Playoffs. #NHL
— Kevin Vanstone (@FlyingVHockey) March 26, 2012
CLICK HERE CHECK OUT THE CANUCKS BLOG IN THE CLUBHOUSE TODAY!
© Kevin Vanstone for North West Sports Beat, 2012. | Permalink | No comment |
Follow NWSB on Twitter or join US on Facebook for real-time updates OR... | Share This on Twitter | Share NWSportsBeat.com on FacebookPost tags: Canucks, Canucks On Twitter, Canucks social media, Canucks twitter, facebook, Flying V, Hockey social media, NHL, NHL twitter, nwsportsbeat, Social Media Report, Tweets, twitter, Vancouver media twitter
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?