Found December 21, 2012 on Fox Soccer:
PLAYERS: Jose Mourinho
Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez has refused to speculate as to whether he will remain at Stamford Bridge beyond the end of the season. Benitez took over at Chelsea following the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo in November, signing a contract until the end of the season. He has since picked up four victories from his first eight games but the Blues have been knocked out of the UEFA Champions League and lost the Club World Cup final, as well as suffering a Premier League reverse at West Ham. Chelsea's supporters have not taken kindly to the appointment of the ex-Liverpool boss with boos ringing out at Stamford Bridge and angry chants directed at the new manager at every game of his tenure so far. However, Benitez says that he believes that it is just a "matter of time" before he turns the fans around and refused to comment on suggestions he could replace Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid in the summer. He told Spanish Radio station Onda Cero: "When I accepted Chelsea's offer I did so because I believe that it's a good alternative. "My future? I know things, but I am not going to say anything about Real Madrid, because I believe that I should not. We are talking about two very high-level teams. "I have a challenge that is trying to win and do good things, it's a matter of time in convincing many people. "If we are successful it will be easier to convince them. I'm very calm." The 52-year-old Spaniard continued to be the subject of negative chants from Chelsea supporters at Elland Road during Wednesday night's 5-1 win over Leeds in the Capital One Cup. Benitez admitted: "Sometimes I don't understand the songs against me. "I am concentrating on the game and I don't know what happens in the stands, but I have never said I would never manage a team like Chelsea." Don't miss any live and exclusive football coverage this festive season. Click here to visit Sky Sports' Festive Calendar
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
RELATED ARTICLES

Mourinho expects Kaka to stay at Madrid

Coach Jose Mourinho says Real Madrid does not plan to sell little-used midfielder Kaka during the winter transfer window. Mourinho said on Friday that ''I don't think Kaka will leave,'' adding that keeping the Brazilian would give the team a deeper bench. The 30-year-old Brazil playmaker has only started four matches this season for Madrid, adding to speculation...

Kaka to stay at Real - Jose

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho does not expect to sell Kaka in the January transfer window. The Brazilian is a bit-part player at the Bernabeu, but Mourinho wants to keep hold of him to add extra depth to the squad. He said: "I don't think that Kaka will go anywhere. He will stay. And as I've said all along, if he stays then it is good for us because he provides us...

Lucio makes Sao Paulo switch

Sao Paulo have completed the signing of veteran defender Lucio following his release from Juventus . The 34-year-old has agreed a two-year contract in Brazil after finding his chances limited at the Juventus Stadium since he left Inter Milan in the summer. A statement on saopaulofc.net read: "Sao Paolo has completed the signing of Lucio. "A world champion with the Brazilian...

The Champions League Round Of 16 Draw Is Set, Highlighted By Man U vs. Real Madrid

The Champions League final 16 has been set, and some of the match-ups are fantastic, as expected. A few matches that you should be paying close attention to: Manchester United vs. Real Madrid – The story-line here is the return of Christiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford, and how United’s defense can hold up against the high powered Mardid squad. Oh yeah, don’t forget about the...
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.