Found January 12, 2013 on Fox Soccer:
Afrcia-tevez
Manchester City intend to offer Carlos Tevez a new contract to prevent the striker leaving for free when his current deal expires in 18 months. Roberto Mancini has been impressed with the Argentinian's attitude since their infamous falling out last season, and he expects talks to begin shortly. Mancini said: "I don't know what Carlos thinks about this. We have another 18 months and I think we have the time to talk with him about this. When Carlos takes his decision, he will talk with us." When asked whether a one-year extension could be an option, Mancini added: "Yes, this could be because Carlos is 28 and he has other years to play. I think that this could be an option. "His behaviour is very good, he works very well. He is an important player because he has experience in this moment and also now he can help Mario which is important." Mancini is not concerned about trailing Manchester United by seven points, even if the gap was to grow this weekend. "They play at home against Liverpool and we play against Arsenal away," he added. "Everything is possible in this moment but it doesn't change anything. "Last year United recovered when we were five points up and after Arsenal we went eight points behind. United recovered 13 points. So, we can recover 10. It is not a problem."
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Mancini expects new Tevez deal

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini expects discussions over a possible new contract for striker Carlos Tevez to be held in due course. The Argentinian's current deal expires in the summer of 2014 and Mancini feels there is plenty of time to consider what might happen beyond that term. The former Manchester United star said in a TV interview last August he was happy to...

Mancini expects new Carlos Tevez deal

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini expects discussions over a possible new contract for striker Carlos Tevez to be held in due course. The Argentinian's current deal expires in the summer of 2014 and Mancini feels there is plenty of time to consider what might happen beyond that term. The former Manchester United star said in a TV interview last August he was happy to...

Mancini: We’re Still In The Race

Roberto Mancini has said that Manchester City are still firmly in title contention after beating Arsenal 2-0, while Arsene Wenger lamented his side’s nervousness at home.

Mancini quells new Balotelli rumor

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has once again attempted to quash rumours linking controversial striker Mario Balotelli with a move back to Italy. Balotelli's future has been the subject of much speculation due to his fringe role this season as well as a training ground bust-up with Mancini last week. And Inter Milan have claimed they have first option to take him back...

City to challenge Kompany red

Manchester City will appeal against Vincent Kompany's red card at Arsenal, Roberto Mancini has confirmed. City's captain was sent off towards the end of a 2-0 win after referee Mike Dean ruled he had tackled Jack Wilshere with two feet. Kompany is facing a three-match suspension which could be increased if the Football Association decides any appeal is frivolous. The Belgian...

Falcao hints at PSG move

Each day we'll bring you the very latest tabloid rumors as the biggest clubs around splash the cash to bolster their rosters. True or not, they're always entertaining... DAILY MIRROR Sir Alex Ferguson hailed his "magnificent" Manchester United side as they took another step towards a 20th league title. Roberto Mancini last night vowed to appeal against Vincent...

Aguero back for Fulham clash

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini hopes to have striker Sergio Aguero back in his side for next week's clash with Fulham . The Argentinian remains on the sidelines for this weekend's trip to Arsenal after tearing a hamstring in the New Year's Day win over Stoke at the Etihad Stadium. There has been speculation the 24-year-old forward could be out for several weeks...

Mancini: City can make up gap

Fulham manager Martin Jol has reiterated his plea for Brede Hangeland to sign a new contract and has called on his captain to 'put the money where his mouth is'. Hangeland is out of contract at the end of the season and the 31-year-old has been linked with a move to Fulham's local rivals Queens Park Rangers. The Norwegian defender has made over 220 appearances since...
Soccer News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.