Roma general director Franco Baldini has announced on Friday that coach Luis Enrique will not continue in charge of the Serie A outfit next season.
Luis Enrique's future had been up in the air in recent weeks with reports claiming the Spanish tactician would resign after Sunday's game at Cesena - the final game of the campaign.
"We already knew for some time that Luis Enrique would leave," Baldini said to Italian TV station Sky TG 24.
"After the game against Fiorentina (April 25), he had expressed with certainty his intentions. He told us that the right day had arrived to take this decision.
"I asked him to continue until the end of the season.
"Luis Enrique will explain his decision better tomorrow but I believe that he has been physically consumed by the campaign and I don't think he will train again this year."
Luis Enrique, in his first season at the helm of Roma, is under contract with the Giallorossi for a further year.
The Romans have endured a disappointing campaign a...