Found February 01, 2013 on Fox Soccer:
Manchester_city_fc_d394
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany could be out of action for another three weeks, manager Roberto Mancini believes. Kompany limped out of last week's FA Cup fourth-round win at Stoke with a calf strain and missed the champions' goalless draw at QPR in the Barclays Premier League on Tuesday. The Belgium centre-back will definitely miss Sunday's clash with Liverpool and next week's trip to Southampton and Mancini already seems to have ruled him out of the FA Cup fifth-round tie with Leeds on February 17. That would make the home game against Chelsea on February 24 the most likely comeback date. Mancini said: "Vinny is out. I hope he can recover after the FA Cup." City were short on central defensive options at QPR with Kolo Toure at the African Nations Cup and Matija Nastasic only able to make the bench due to a knee problem. Midfielder Javi Garcia filled in at the back but Mancini is hopeful Nastasic will be fit to start against Liverpool at the ...
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Mancini plans spending spree

Roberto Mancini admits he is already in the process of drawing up summer transfer plans at Manchester City. It is being suggested that City are plotting an elaborate spending spree, with it likely that there will be a number of comings and goings at the Etihad Stadium. Mancini is said to have been left frustrated by the club's failure to land their top targets during the last...

Mancini offers some parting advice for Balotelli

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has parting advice for Mario Balotelli: Take full advantage of this chance at AC Milan. Mancini tells Italian state radio that ''Mario is a great kid, he just needs to understand how lucky he is to know how to play football, because a footballer's life passes in a hurry. Just think about (former Brazil and Inter Milan striker)...

Mancini saddened by Balotelli exit

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini claims the club are not happy to have lost Mario Balotelli and the decision to sell was a difficult one. Balotelli's extraordinary, controversy-filled spell at the Etihad Stadium came to an end this week as he completed a reported £19million transfer to boyhood club AC Milan . The move came at the end of a month of intense speculation over...

Mancini plots summer bid for Suarez

Each day we'll bring you the very latest tabloid rumors as the biggest clubs around splash the cash to bolster their rosters. True or not, they're always entertaining... Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is ready to make a £40million summer bid for Liverpool ace Luis Suarez. Peter Odemwingie last night accused West Brom of hypocrisy and insisted the club gave him the...

Harry stands up for Odemwingie

Roberto Mancini admits he is already in the process of drawing up summer transfer plans at Manchester City. It is being suggested that City are plotting an elaborate spending spree, with it likely that there will be a number of comings and goings at the Etihad Stadium. Mancini is said to have been left frustrated by the club's failure to land their top targets during the last...
Soccer News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.