Mourinho says midfielder is more concerned about his hair and not football
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has dismissed reports his side is planning a swoop for Ghana midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng and claims the enforcer is more interested in a lavished lifestyle than football.
Media reports on Friday claims the 26-year-old has slapped in a transfer request at the San Siro and is set to quit the club with Chelsea set to make a move for him.
But Mourinho who return to the Stamford Bridge to take over Chelsea for the second time was dismissive of the report and told the media is looking for footballers and not models.
“(Kevin-Prince) Boateng to Chelsea? We want footballers, not models. Last year he had more haircuts than goals scored,” he said.
Boateng’s current contract at Milan runs out in January but the Rossoneris are yet to offer him a new deal at the club.
With Chelsea’s lack of interest, newly promoted French Ligue 1 side AS Monaco would make a move to sign him.